Chapter 10

As I stretch my arms and blink my eyes I look around my room.

wait?

This Isn't my room. My memories come flooding back to me. Sam's house, the BBQ, Phineas and Ferb,... and me falling asleep!

my mom must be freaking out!!

"hello beautiful" I see Sam step through the door into the room.

"um hi. who's room am I in?"

"um... mine..." He says blushing.

"oh. where'd you sleep then?" I ask him.

"oh.. the floor.." He looks down at his feet.

"oh! I'm sorry! I should've left last night! I'm so sorry!"

"no, it's ok. um.. It was nice having you over."

my mom.

"what about my mom?! Where does she think I am?!" She must be freaking out.

"oh.. don't be mad but... we used your phone and told her you were staying for the night."

I hate when people use my phone. And what will my mother think?! I stayed the night at a boys house!

"what did she say?"

"um.. erm... she wasn't.... too happy." he stuffs his hands in his pockets and looked at the floor.

uh oh. I'm screwed.

"why didn't you wake me up so I could go home?"

"well you were really tired and I didn't want to wake you." he said shyly.

"oh.. well I should head home." I stood up and pulled off the covers.

"ok. Ill be downstairs when you're ready. you can stay for breakfast of you'd like."and with that he turned and walked out closing the door behind him.

I got up and padded across the hardwood floor to look into the mirror.

I was a mess.

my hair was pointing in all different directions and my clothes were all dirty with BBQ sauce and Ketchup. I guess I should've been more careful when I was eating.

I put my hair into a ponytail and walked down the hall into the bathroom.

After I 'did my business' I walked down the stairs.

"Good morning" Sam's mom and a little girl were in the kitchen sitting on the island and Sam was on the couch. He jumped up when he saw me and walked over to me.

"Good morning" he responded with a smile.

"hello" the little girl's quiet voice said to me. she had brown hair and looked like she was about 8 or 9.

" hi there. what's your name?" I asked her.

"I'm Jacey." she said and returned her focus to her plate of waffles.

"hello Jacey" I responded to he and looked at Sam.

"do you wanna eat here or go home?' he asked politely.

"um I think I should head home...."

"oh ok" he said he face fell a little bit. "I'll drive you now"

"thanks"

~~~

"Bye Marlee"

"Bye. thanks for letting me stay over."

"no problem"

As I walked through my front door, there stood my mother with her arms crossed and a scowl covering her face.

"Marlee Elizabeth Herrington!"

crap.