Chapter 22

(2 months later )

"I love you so much" Sam said for the billionth time.

"I love you just as much." I said. We were watching Forrest Gump.

"Hey, hey it's okay. He still has little Forrest" he tried calming me. This movie always makes me cry.

"I-I know.. this movie just always makes m-me cry." I said into his chest. We were snuggled up on my couch and Greg and my mom were out shopping.

"What do you want to do now?" he asked once the credits were over.

"I don't know. We could bake some brownies? My mom bought a ton of brownie mix because of some sale."

"Okay. I'm not a very good cook though." He said sheepishly.

"I'll help you" I said smiling. He walked to the kitchen and I took out the supplies.

"Okay, first you have to pour the mix into the bowl." I told him and tore open the package. He stood staring at me leaning against the counter.

"Then, you get the water and put it to 2/3 cup." I said as he followed me to the fridge. Staring at me and not what I was doing.

"Once you poured the water into the bowl, you get the vegetable oil. You put 1/3 cup of oil into the bowl." I did just that and he kept staring at my eyes.

"You know, its hard to learn how to bake if you just stare at the chef. "

"But what if the chef is the most adorable human being on the planet."

"Really? I thought I was the chef." I said.

"You're who I'm talking about silly."

We've been together for 3 months now and he was the best boyfriend I could ask for.

"I love you." I said and leaned in for a kiss and right as he closed his eyes and leaned in, I smeared the chocolate mix onto his lips.

"Hey!" He said. I giggled at the sight of his chocolate lips.

"You want to taste your brownies?" he said smirking. I kissed the brownie off his lips.

"Tastes good." I said smiling. We laughed as I finished the brownies.

"Mm" we said in sync as we put the cooked brownies into our mouths.

"We're home!" Greg said as they walked thorough the door.

"We made brownies!" I yelled back.

"Ooh" Greg said and came running into the kitchen. We all ate brownies and milk at the table and had a good time.

"Bye Marlee. I love you." Sam said and gave me one last kiss and walked to his truck. My mom hasn't said anything lately, not even while we ate the brownies and milk.

"Mom are you okay?"I asked

"Well... I don't know if I like you and Sam." What?? I thought she liked him??

"Mom! He's a good guy! He treats me right "

"I know.. but I don't know if he's good with you." She said.

I didn't say anything.

"Oh well never mind. Just go to bed." She said. After I didn't respond.

"Okay. Goodnight." I kissed her cheek and went to sleep. I was still worried