Chapter 8

Winter break was going by fast. Only one more day till school started again. Nora sighs as she sits in Lyra's room with her. "I-I'm like obsessed with him or something! I-i mean like ever since Jungkook kissed me I've felt this tingling feeling in my chest!" Nora whines as Lyra lays on her bed bored. "Just admit it you like him. He likes you." Lyra says. "How do you know!?" Nora asks. "I just do." Lyra says. "Hmm okay fine I like Jeon Jungkook!" Nora says proudly. But then she blushes shyly. "Hah Nora you're so cute when it comes to boys." Lyra says. "Whatever! And so Wonho really asked you out!?" Nora asks excitingly. "Yep." Lyra says confidently. "Ooh now let me see that beautiful princess ring." Nora says as she grabs Lyra's hand. Lyra laughs as she shows her. "Eek you're really special to him aren't ya?" Nora says happily. "B-but wait when's the last time you talked to him?" Nora asks. "I haven't seen him or talked to him since Christmas night." Lyra says as she sighs. "Ugh! How dare he!? Not even giving you a call about officially being boyfriend and girlfriend!?" Nora says madly. "Haha don't worry. We're going to see him for the rest of the school year. AND JUNGKOOK TOO." Lyra replies. When Nora hears Jungkook's name she blushes. Lyra then goes off making fun of her again.
     Soon it was school again. As Lyra walked to school she stopped at the school gate. While the others were entering Lyra paused then sighed. "Here I go! I'm going to see him again..." Lyra mumbles. Then she enters the school. As Lyra puts her stuff into her locker someone taps her shoulder. Excitingly she turns around expecting to see Wonho. But instead it was JUNGKOOK. "Ahh Lyra perfect." Jungkook says cheerfully. "Ugh what is it!?" Lyra says bugged and also disappointed that it wasn't Wonho. "Well you know how you're best friends with Nora? Well... i know that you know that I want to ask her out. But I want to make her feel special when I do." Jungkook explains. "Oh! I know! Put a bunch of roses in her locker! And then leave a letter like will you date me? And then when she turns around hand her a rose!" Lyra says fantasizing. "Haha okay thanks Lyra." Jungkook says as he runs off. Lyra nods then sighs. All of a sudden someone wraps their arms around Lyra's waist. "Hey unnie~" (unnie means older sister in korean) the person says. When they talk Lyra knew it was Wonho. "Don't call me that we're the same age and I'm not your sister." Lyra says as she turns around to see Wonho. Wonho smiles. "I know but you're my girlfriend." Wonho says as he gives Lyra a quick peck on the cheek. Lyra gasps and touches the spot where Wonho kissed her. Wonho quickly runs away to class. "Aish!! Wonho!!! I'll get you back soon!" Lyra yells. But then she smiles a little because she thought it was cute. Then she goes to class.
     When it was lunch time Lyra didn't eat. Instead she did her homework. "Why are you not eatin?" Nora says as she sips on her strawberry milk. The two were on a outside lunch table because it was very nice and sunny out. "O-oh well I forgot to do my math homework during winter break so since my math class is one of my last ones I can just do it now hehe.." Lyra explains as she writes in her notebook. "Ahh.." Nora replies. "By the way what am I going to do now!? I can't stop thinking about Jungkook..." Nora whines. Lyra sighs. "Don't worry he'll probably ask you out soon." Lyra replies. "Hehe I'm so jealous of you Lyra." Nora says. "Why?" Lyra asks. "Because! You always have such confidence in yourself! AND you're so pretty. AND you're so nice and smart!" Nora says in awe. "God you're scaring me. And actually I have my flaws you just haven't seen them yet.." Lyra says. And at that moment she realized she hadn't told Nora about her secret yet... that Lyra was a vampire... but she was scared Nora would leave her because of it. Lyra sighs. She thought she could trust her but she's also doubting that thought. "Hey Nora?" Lyra asks. "Hmm?" Nora replies. "Well.. umm... what would you think of a vampire?" Lyra asks curiously. "I don't know... I mean we live all around them to this day. But us humans just don't really worry about it because we know they drink human saliva now." Nora says. "Hmm do you think that's gross?" Lyra says cautiously. "Well no! Of course not. I mean like it's just how they live. I like it a lot better than drinking blood at least." Nora says. "Ahh.." Lyra replies. "I guess I could trust her?" Lyra thinks to herself. "Why did you ask?" Nora asks curiously. "Well... umm... can you keep a secret for your bestie?" Lyra asks shyly. "Of course!!" Nora says as she holds Lyra's hands. "O-okay... well I'm actually a vampire..." Lyra whispers into Nora's ear. Nora keeps quiet for awhile. But then she smiles. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Nora asks. "People in the past though I was gross for it.." Lyra says quietly. "O-oh... I'm sorry.. well that's okay! I don't care if you're a vampire! I still like you as a friend for you!" Nora says sternly. Lyra's eyes widen. But then she smiles gladly. "Ahh Nora.. I'm so glad to have you as my best friend!" Lyra says cheerfully. Nora smiles. "Me too!" Nora replies. Then the two hug each other tightly.
     After school Lyra snuck up on Wonho. All of a sudden while Wonho was opening his locker Lyra jumps onto his back. He jumps a little but then laughs. When Lyra lets go Wonho turns to her and smiles. "Gosh what am I gonna do with you?" Wonho says. Lyra giggles and hugs him. "Maybe kiss me?" Lyra says cutely. "Maybe." Wonho says. Then he leans down and kisses her.