Of Fire and Ice

Dedicated to @marvelously_crazed

I own the rights to all of the characters I created for this story, however I DO NOT own any Marvel characters.

Prolouge

Kenlo sat upon his throne a proud father. After a brutal seven hours, his wife had given birth to a beautiful girl. Jolen was the name he had given to her. In the Galvesion speach it had the meaning, The perfect one.

Fitting, for such a fine child. He thought proudly.

She was the ideal baby. Gorgeously tanned skin with light brown hair. Her brown eyes glowed with potential and purity and this, this was his baby. She was the pride of the kingdom. But that, was about to change.

"She is a beauty. A rarity in this forsaken realm." A deep voice bellowed from somewhere unseen.

Kenlo handed his daughter to his waiting wife and stood. "Who's there? What do you want?"

Two shapes emereged from the shadows. One was a creature unlike any Kenlo had seen before, with purple wrinkled skin, and the face of monkey. On his wrist he wore a silver cuff embedded with a single cobalt blue gem. The other shape was that of a man. A tall one. His raven black hair danced with the light breeze. He wore armor of Gold and dark green leather. But the thing that frightened Kenlo the most was what came around their feet atop the floor, it was ice.

His eyes widened in fear, for a Galvesion was a being of fire. The only harm could be brought by water and ice alone.

Galvesyion was a fire realm where volcanic eruptions were a daily item. The king backed away as far from them as he could. "Wha, what do you want?"

The purple one smiled. "You will find that your precious daughter is no longer in her cradle. So do not try and barter with me. I am Thanos............"

"My king!" a servant interrupted his sentence. "Your daughter! She is gone!"

Kenlo felt a tear fall and slide its way down his face. "What do you want?"

Thanos smiled. "Your armies are formidable. I would very much like control of them........... and your kingdom. In return for your precious little girl."

"NEVER! It is my duty as king to keep my people safe. As long as Jolen is out of harms way I shall never grant you control!........." His confidence faded when he saw his baby girl in the tall man's arms.

"Jolen. Such a pretty girl. Perhaps I shall send her away, to a place where you cannot find her and her beauty will be her downfall." The man said evilly cradling the child close to his chest.

Kenlo lowered his gaze. "I will not give you control of my people."

Thanos turned to his companion. "Very well, send her to the realm you hate the most."

With a wave of his hand the companion and the child vanished into thin air.

I will find you Jolen. Mark my words. And when I do, these men will die. He thought as he gritted his teeth in anger.