Love is in the air, get me a gas mask

Warning! This is a super short chapter. I just need to get this thing moving. BTW this is one of three prequels to a series called "The Y.A." Some of those are already posted. Also, this chapter has some fluff in it. "Fluff" not "smut"

"Loki, I wanna go home!" She had cried as he pulled her towards the palace. She could've sworn she saw something break inside of him when she said that. Now he wouldn't even look at her. 

"Loki I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She said trying to undo the damage she had done. She didn't know why she felt like she had to make him feel better, the man had kidnapped her for heaven's sake! 

"Why do you hate me so? Why do you treat me like this?" He asked desperately. He didn't know why he needed her approval so badly. Actually he did but he was trying to avoid that fact as much as possible. He, the god of mischief and lies (and sass), had fallen head over heels for this girl. 

She bit her lip before answering. "I.... I don't hate you. I just..... ALOT has happened to me in a short amount of time. I'm just trying to cope." She hoped that, that was sufficent enough of an answer for him. 

"Is that what it is huh?" He asked, not quite believing her. He shook his head. He couldn't deny what he felt any longer. True, they had only just met. Yet, he felt soooo strongly for her. I wonder what her lips taste like? He thought as he looked at her flawless face. "Jolen, I love you. I, the god of mischief, king of Asgard, and cold hearted Joten...., love you." He slowly moved over to where she was sitting. 

Jolen actually laughed aloud at his confession. He loves me? HA! She thought as he moved closer to her. "Yeah, right! You don't love me. There is a big difference between love and lust, and what you are feeling, dear Loki, is lust."

He took a deep breath. He knew what he had to do but he wasn't sure how she would respond. "If you don't believe me, let me prove it to you." Before the words even finished rolling off his tongue, he had crashed his lips to hers in a passionate, yet loving way. She was making him feel again and he was loving every moment of it. 

When the kiss broke, Jolen was breathing heavily. She had never been kissed like that. Never had she experienced a kiss with emotion and love behind it. It had always been lust but she couldn't find a trace of it in Loki's kiss. "You..... love me?" It was more of a confirmation question for herself because the notion seemed so foreign. 

"Yes, darling I love you." He quickly walked over to his dresser and pulled a small box from within. What is he doing? She wondered. That question was soon answered when he knelt on one knee before her. "Let it be known that, you are the only one I kneel to." She felt the tears beginning to come. "Jolen, will you marry me?" The innocence in his eyes was overwhelming.

"Yes!"