Chapter 13

Cat woke up early when she heard the buzz of her alarm clock, sitting up and yawning in her bed. She turned it off and smiled, making up her bed afterward. Sam didn't budge when the alarm went off, but her foot twitched slightly.

"Sammy, wake up. I need a ride to school today," Cat said in a raspy, groggy voice. Sam groaned and turned over in her bed. "Saaam..." Cat cried, crossing her arms. "Ughhhh," Sam groaned and put her covers over her face.

Cat huffed, then she remembered how to wake her up. She proceeded to climb onto Sam, then tensed to prepare for the outcome. Sam's reflexes caused her to flip Cat over and pin her down. "Cat, why do I keep having to tell you to stop waking me up like that? Do you want me to unconsciously jab your throat?" Sam asked.

"Well you never wake up unless I do that to you. Good morning by the way," Cat smiled and kissed Sam's cheek, awaiting a reply. "Yeah, whatever. Morning," Sam grumbled and pushed Cat off of her bed. Sam went to take a shower and Cat walked into the bathroom with her.

"It'll be faster if we shower together," Cat said as she took her clothes off quickly to hop into the shower. Sam stood still for a few seconds, but shrugged it off. They both took a quick shower, stealing occasional glances at each other.

"Come on, we have to go. I need to be on time," Cat said in a serious tone. They both got out and dressed themselves fast so they could finish their morning routine. After they got on their jackets and shoes, They went to the motorcycle to ride over to Hollywood Arts.

Sam waited for Cat to get off of the motorcycle when they arrived before she kissed her and drove back to their apartment. When Sam got home, she sat on the couch and stared blankly at the room around her. She was tired, yet she couldn't sleep.

Sam spotted her guitar on the wall and decided to play it. She went on her laptop and looked up tabs to some songs she enjoyed and started to play them. She thought about how mean she was to Cat earlier and decided she would apologize when she picked her up later on.

"Fuck it," Sam mumbled and picked up her phone to call Cat. Cat was in her math class when her phone vibrated. She raised her hand and waited for her teacher to answer her. "What do you need, Ms. Valentine?" He said. "Um, I need to answer my phone. Can I go outside and take this call?" She asked.

"Go ahead, don't be too long," the teacher said. Cat ran out of the classroom and answered the phone. "Hello?" Cat answered. "Uh, hey..." Sam said quietly. "Hey, Sam. What's up?" Cat asked. Sam exhaled and mumbled, "I'm sorry for being such a jerk this morning. I was just really tired."

Cat smiled and leaned against the lockers. "Awww, Sam. That's so sweet, I forgive you." Sam was happy to hear that Cat's mood never changed. "Cool, uh...I..." Sam hesitated and Cat waited for her response. "You what?" Cat asked. "I...hope you have a good day in school," Sam said. "Oh, thank you. Well...I'll talk to you later, I have to go."

"Oh okay. Bye," Sam said and hung up after Cat said bye. She took a deep breath and saw that she had 10 unread messages from Freddie. She opened them and texted him to see if he wanted to hang out. He responded and Sam got ready to go back out. She met up with Freddie at the board walk downtown and they hugged.

"How come you didn't respond to my texts? I was getting kind of worried," he said. "Oh sorry, my phone was off. I had to...take care of something," Sam paused so she could find the right words, not wanting to have to explain herself to him.

"Oh, well you're here now and that's all that matters. So, you want to go to the arcade? Y'know, play a couple shoot 'em up games?" Freddie asked awkwardly. Sam smiled and took his hand to guide him into the arcade. "Sure, why not."

Sam received a text from Cat saying that she was ready to be picked up from school. "Shit, I gotta go." Sam looked at the time, then looked at Freddie before she hugged him goodbye. He leaned in to give her a quick peck on the cheek, causing the both of them to pause.

"I, uh...I'm sorry. I," Freddie stammered. Sam's expression was unreadable as she walked out of the arcade to find her motorcycle and ride over to Cat's school.

When Sam arrived, Cat was standing at the front of the school and smiling. "Sam!" Cat squealed and skipped over to Sam when she parked the bike. "Hey," Sam said listlessly as she helped the smaller girl onto the bike. Cat kissed Sam's cheek, then hugged her waist when she started the motorcycle.

"So how was your day?" Cat asked, trying her best to speak over the loud engine. "It was okay, yours?" Sam responded. "Boring, except for theatre class." Cat said. The ride home was quiet the rest of the way, but when they walked inside; Cat screamed and Sam whipped out a pocket knife when they saw Dice sitting with Goomer on the couch.

"Woah! Sam calm down! We were just waiting for you two to get back," Dice exclaimed and hid behind the couch. Goomer put his hands in the air submissively. Sam sighed and put her knife away, walking into her and Cat's room. Cat smiled and lost her sense of fear when she recognized them. "Oh hey Dice, did you come here for the brief case?" She asked.

"Yeah, Goomer is driving me there and I didn't want you two to worry that someone broke in, so I waited until you guys came home," Dice said. "Yeah I was here too," Goomer said and smiled. "Well thank you for reminding me to lock the door before I go, you two could've been robbers," Cat said and smiled.

"Robbers?! I'm a thief! Oh my god I'm not ready to go to jail!" Goomer screamed and started to cry. "No, we aren't robbers. We're good people, Goomer calm down." Dice said and rubbed his back. Goomer calmed down and Cat went to the bedroom to retrieve the suit case for Dice.

"Thanks, Cat." Dice said and walked with Goomer to his car so they could ride to their destination. Cat smiled and shut the door, going back into the bedroom to sleep on Sam's bed. Sam didn't budge, but she opened her eyes when Cat wriggled herself into her arms.

Cat fell asleep and Sam eventually got comfortable and fell asleep as well.