Epilouge

*17 years later*

Third pov

A alarm went off in her bedroom, she groaned, and accidentally knocked her phone off her bedside table. Sh let out a loud groan, and got out of bed to turn her phone alarm off. As soon as the phone alarm stopped making noises, she plopped her phone back on her bed. Immediately, she heard her phone buzz, signalling that she received a message. The message read:

Pearl: Hey I totally forgot, but I just had a model shoot come up this afternoon...I don't think I can make it to watch your turn on the ice, I'm sorry, Ruby..

Ruby bit her lip, and replied back to her girlfriend, saying that it was fine if she couldn't make it. As soon as she sent the message, Ruby laid back down on her bed, and stared at the ceiling. She was angry, but she knew that she had no right to be. It wasn't at Pearl though. It was directed at how inconvenient the two activities mashed, and stopped Pearl from watching her short skate & her free skate. Ruby closed her eyes, and counted from 1-50 to calm herself. "Its okay...I can always show her another time.." Ruby finally got up, and walked over to her wardrobe. She dressed herself up in a pair of long black pants, a shirt that had a tiger on it, and her Red baseball tee styled runner, that had her name printed on the back of it in white, she got this from when she did the junior ice skating grand prix in Russia.

Ruby looked at herself in the mirror. A lot of boys thought that she was cute....but also scary. She had chin length blonde hair that covered the right side of her face. Her eyes were turquoise, and often seemed to have a hard stare. Ruby was short for her age, being 5'4. She always appeared to be scowling a lot, when really she just had a natural resting bitch face. She was skinny, but did have C-cup sized breasts. And then...there were her eyebrows.God fuck did she hate them. There were small swirls at the end of both of her eyebrows, but unlike her Father's eyebrows, they were symmetrical to her face. Luckily they were small swirls, and you don't notice them until you're up close. Satisfied with her appearance, Ruby went downstairs.

Upon getting downstairs, she spots her Mother watching some documentary on Cellos. Victoria scowled, "Pfft. Cellos. Stupid." Victoria hissed. Ruby chuckled, "If you hate them so much, then why are you watching stuff about them?" Ruby asked, hugging her Mother. Victoria sighed, "Because they mentioned violins. Your Father is in the kitchen, he's making you some breakfast." Victoria said. Ruby left the lounge, and indeed found her Father, Sanji, making breakfast for her. Ruby smiled as soon as she saw that if was chocolate chip & peanut butter pancakes. "Good morning, Dad." Ruby greeted. Sanji looked up from mixing the pancake mix, and smiled, kissing his daughters forehead, "How did you sleep, Ruby?" "Alright...my sleep was actually pretty good." Sanji felt relief, "Thats good, now these will be ready in a minute. And once we've all had breakfast, you & I are gonna swoop down to the Baratie for something quick."

Ruby nods. She worked at the Baratie with her Dad as a sous-chef. Sanji had taught her everything about cooking. But unlike most people, Sanji didn't pressure Ruby to take over the Baratie for when he retires, as Ruby already said that she was going to be a competitive ice skater, and since being competitive ice skaters retire at their late 20s, it'll be thenb that Ruby will take over the Baratie for Sanji.

Soon, the pancakes were ready, and they all sat down, and ate. Ruby happily wolfed down her delicious pancakes easily, as if she hadn't eaten for days. "Ruby, I don't think I'll need to have to say this again: Slow down, and eat nicely. And clip your hair back." Victoria dictated. Ruby huffed as she swallowed, clipping her hair back as what her Mother said. "Was Pearl going to make it tonight?" Sanji asked. Ruby shook her head, "Another model shoot just came up for the afternoon." Ruby explained. Victoria pouted sadly, "That sucks, how do you feel about it?" Ruby sighed, "I'm fine...its just I really wanted her to come & watch me." Ruby muttered. Sanji smiled, "Its okay, Ruby. You could always show her another time."