Chapter 22

It's 10:30 by the time I finally give up on Collin and decide to get ready for bed. I never wanted to be the kind of girlfriend that constantly bothers her boyfriend if he hasn't called. Since he assured me he would call, there must have been something come up that held him up. I sigh as I slide under the covers, trying to clear my mind enough to fall asleep. 

I'm about to doze off when there's a knock on my front door. I lay there for a minute, my heart pounding in fear. The situation with my brother comes right to the front of my mind.

Another knock sounds and I hesitantly get out of bed. I tiptoe across the living room and through the kitchen to peek through the peephole. Once I see Collin, I startle and jump back, hastily checking myself over. 

I open the door and am instantly pulled against his hard body. His clothes are cold from him being outside, but I ignore it because his lips are taking mine in a heated kiss.

"I missed you,” he whispers between kisses. 

I groan in response as he rubs himself against me and it suddenly becomes a flurry of clothes and touches as we make our way to the bedroom. It doesn't take long before he’s fully inside me and our bodies coming together this way feels like no matter what happens, we’ll will be alright. As long as we can stay like this forever. 

Only a few minutes pass before he’s panting next to me in the bed. "I'm sorry. I couldn't wait any longer." 

I smile and sigh in contentment. "That is perfectly alright. You can assault me like that anytime.”

He chuckles and rubs his hand down my side while his lips brush along my neck. "I couldn't stop thinking about you all day. The thought of going back to my hotel room without seeing you-" he shakes his head.

I turn my face to look at him and he’s staring at me with a small smile on his lips. I can't imagine not seeing him like this when he goes back to California which makes me think about the shop and what we're going to do. I don't want to ruin this moment, but Sasha was right when she said we need to get everything out now so we aren’t faced with harder decisions down the road when our feelings are stronger.

Collin must notice my change in mood, because his face becomes curious as his fingers trace my cheek. "What are you thinking?”

I decide to go about this in a roundabout way. "Have you thought about what will happen when you leave in April?" 

He suddenly tenses and his hand frames the side of my face. "I have. Why?"

"Well, Sasha found a shop for me." His face registers surprise and hurt before he quickly masks his pain.

"I see. What did you think?" he asks carefully.

“The store was perfect,” I admit to him, feeling his body tense further with my response. 

"Are you going to rent it?" He asks in a strained voice.