Chapter 3: Lana

"My dear!" Someone said as they rushed to my side. It was an older woman and she looked vaguely familiar for some reason.

"I'm okay, you can just leave me here." I said gently.

"Heavens no, you are coming home with me this instant." I sighed and she helped me to my feet, I groaned in pain. We struggled to Iki Village, where I was greeted by Hala.

"Lana, why did you leave the village without me?"

"I saw this girl land on the ground, she's hurt."

"I'm fine." I stammered, but she hushed me. I was quickly carried inside by Hala.

"How did you manage this?"

"Hard to explain."

"You're going to have to if you want us to treat it properly."

"It's nothing!" I said sharply.

"Now that's enough, Hala. The poor thing probably just wants to rest, she can tell us everything in the morning. Here darling I brought you some tea." She handed me a warm cup and the second I took a sip I felt exhausted for the first time in a long time. I hadn't noticed because I was always on the move, never stopping, but I didn't remember the last time I had properly slept.

"Thank you..." I muttered and set the cup down before closing my eyes. My dreams were plagued with Umbreon and Lusamine, I woke up the next day with tears in my eyes as I remembered everything so clearly. I buried my head in my hands as the tears flowed from them.

"Now what has you so upset my dear?" The lady, Lana asked as she came into the room.

"Just remembering a friend, that's all..."

"Friends shouldn't make you cry."

"I lost this friend..."

"How my dear?"

"A bad woman took her away from me."

"Now is that why you shut the world away?"

"What?"

"I've noticed you don't like to let people in, is that because of what this woman took from you?" I nodded once.

"It was my partner, Umbreon...she was there from the beginning of my journey...we were so happy together, and now...I don't know what to do without her...it's like there's an empty void in my heart and I don't know how to undo it without causing more pain for me." She set the tray of food down she had been carrying and then hugged me tightly.

"There is something I can tell also from your personality, you once loved too much and that makes it hard for you trust, how much have you suffered through my dear?"

"A lot..."

"Why don't we go for a walk once you've eaten?" I nodded and ate the delicious food she had made for me. I followed her outside and we looked around the lively town. I sensed a storm coming though, the scent of rain was on the air.

"It's going to rain."

"You are correct, but Tapu Koko will protect us."

"From the weather?" I questioned.

"From what lies in the weather." She stated.

"Lana, Kat good to see you awake and moving. How are you feeling?" Hala asked coming over to us.

"Better, thank you. I'm sorry for how I snapped at you yesterday..."

"Don't be." I saw a flash of lightning in the distance.