Chapter 12: Ultra Beasts

After a good night's rest, we headed out for another day filled with trials, but we first had to make our way to Ula' Ula Island. I stepped out into the moonlit night and saw there was a weird hole in the sky. There was something coming from inside of it. Umbreon tensed by my side, I knew this had something to do with the place she had come from: The Ultra Wormhole.

"Are those the creatures you saw in the Ultra Beast's world?" I asked. She nodded firmly and I could tell this wasn't one of the beasts that had helped her or she would have been more relaxed. A jellyfish looking creature floated down towards us.

"Glaceon, Ice Shard." I said quickly as the thing started to attack the area around us. She appeared quickly and blasted the creature away. Gary rushed out with Olivia as they noticed the commotion outside.

"What are those things?" Gary asked confused and shocked.

"Ultra-Beasts." I said slightly concerned. "Tapu Koko told me about them, they are creatures that come from a completely different world, but from what I was told they couldn't exist in this world, it pained them, but here they are. How is this even possible?" I wondered and then I thought about Cosmog and Lillie, Cosmog reminded me of one of this Ultra-Beasts, was that why Lillie was protecting it? She seemed scared when I brought up Lusamine, and now that I thought about it they did look a lot alike, was Lusamine Lillie's mother? Older sister?

"Something isn't right." Umbreon said as she blasted another beast away with her Shadow Ball.

"Yeah, but how do we get this to stop?" I wondered out loud.

"Allow me." Olivia said as she stepped around us. "It's my job as Kahuna to make sure my island stays safe with the Tapu." That's when a pink light streamed across the sky and Tapu Lele appeared beside Olivia. The Tapu looked at me slightly confused as she saw the necklace Tapu Koko had given me.

"I can't leave you here, Olivia. Those things just keep coming, I think it would be better if we split our forces. I'll stay here and help defend Akala Island while Gary, Umbreon and Glaceon storm Aether Paradise. I believe that's the source of all this. Find Lusamine and stop her, at whatever means necessary." I said firmly and took a step towards Olivia.

"I'm not leaving you again, Kat." Umbreon said coming to my side. I nodded firmly.

"Leafeon, Jolteon go with them." The two appeared and they nodded once before following Gary towards the sea.

Be careful everyone...

I changed into an Absol and stood beside Olivia and Tapu Lele.

"We're going to have fight a lot harder than we have before." I jumped into the air and blasted another Ultra-Beast away with an Aura Sphere. I flipped backwards and landed back on the ground. Umbreon jumped over me and Shadow Clawed another one away. Tapu Lele blasted back five or six of them with one of her mysterious attacks. Olivia used her Z-power to make another three disappear. This continued onward for what felt like hours, I was panting and running low on energy. I was blasted back into the ground as I let my guard down for a second.

"Kat!" Umbreon rushed my side.

"I'm alright." I struggled to my feet again. I stared at the Ultra-Beasts that continued to appear from the Ultra Wormhole. "There's too many..." Umbreon pressed against my side.

"We can do this, we've been through worse." She smiled at me and I chuckled.

"Guess you're right. I think it's time we use our full power." She nodded firmly and we both started to glow, Olivia and Tapu Lele turned surprised by the new power in their corner. I changed into Mega Absol as Umbreon changed into Mega Umbreon. I charged with her, our movements in complete sync. We jumped into the air and used a combined Shadow Ball to send half of the Ultra-Beasts back to the Wormhole.

We continued to fight in this new form for a while as well, before I saw the Ultra Wormhole vanish. The Ultra-Beasts cried out in pain and disappeared quickly as their only opening vanished. I changed back to normal and collapsed to the ground with Umbreon.

"No more fighting for a while." I said firmly and we both chuckled lightly.

"Agreed." Olivia and Tapu Lele came over.

"Thank you both for your help, I don't know if we could have handled that all on our own." I nodded to her and I heard someone calling out to us. I turned my head to see Gary rushing over with Glaceon, Leafeon, Jolteon and...Steven!

"Why is he here!?" I growled.

"Lusamine disappeared into the Ultra Wormhole." Gary said lightly.

"Good, she can stay there." I said sharply.

"Kat..." I sighed as Umbreon said my name. I knew that tone of voice.

"Fine! Let's go save the princess." I said finding way to my feet. Gary grabbed me as I started to fall again. "Thanks for stopping those things, I don't know how much longer we could have held out." He nodded and smiled.

"I would do just about anything for you." I felt a warmth rushing to my cheeks.

"I know, Gary...I know..."