Chapter 16: Nebby?

Steven's sudden change had still shaken me up a little, after everything he had said to me before all of this. It was certainly weird. I was following behind Gary as Hapu led us to the altar. We had managed to get our hands on both the Sun and Moon flutes.

Lillie had asked me to play the Moon flute so I reluctantly took the flute from her hand as we reached the altar. I walked to the pedestal she had asked me to, Nebby was floating in the middle of the platform nearby. Gary, Hapu and Umbreon were standing back waiting for us to start. I nodded to Lillie and raised the flute to my lips. Somehow, I knew how to play it and after we had finished the beautiful song Nebby started glowing.

"Nebby?" Lillie said confused as a bright light blinded us all. I looked up first from the light and saw a large bat-like creature flying there.

"Nebby." I said gently and he came over to me. I touched his head gently. "No Lunala, it's been a long time hasn't it, my old friend." I felt someone else talking through my voice, my outfit had changed once more to more of the princess's garments. Lunala touched my necklace with its claw.

"Katherine, you are very special, your blood has the same special properties the princess had." I heard Lunala say.

"Special properties?"

"You are more special than you realize, Katherine. Go with strength and allow me to help you in saving Lillie's mother. I will transport you to the Ultra-Beast world, I will allow you safe passage back as well. Join me on the center platform and we can go." I nodded and he went to the center platform again. The garments vanished from my body and I felt a headache coming, but I didn't have time for that. I rushed over to the center platform with Lillie.

"Lunala, we're ready to go." I said gently.

"I can only take you and Lillie." He said firmly and looked back at Gary, Umbreon and Hapu.

"I understand." I turned to face the others. "Only Lillie and I can go." They froze.

"No! I have to go with you!" Umbreon cried out. I bent down as she rushed over to me worried.

"You have to stay here and protect Lunala as he transports us. Without him we can't get back. Umbreon I need you to trust me. I can do this." She frowned and then after a minute of staring at me nodded.

"Be careful." I nodded and faced Lunala again. He nodded and his purple body changed to a clear white. One second I could see the moon in the horizon and then I was seeing rocks everywhere. I turned left and right to see crystal all around glowing in the dimness of the cavern.

"This is the Ultra-Beasts world?" Lillie asked confused. I nodded.

"It has to be, we need to find Lusamine quickly." She started walking ahead of me. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I looked around this strange new world.

This was where Umbreon was for two years? I can understand why she was losing hope, I feel like all hope of leaving here is useless.