Chapter 7: I'm Right Here

"What do you mean 'she's missing'?!" I demanded of Ruby.

"I mean, SHE'S MISSING!" Ruby emphasized.

"Since when?" I asked.

"She ran away almost two whole days ago and hasn't come back," Ruby explained.

"Who ran away?!" Sky asked as the rest of team VYTL arrived.

"Blake," I answered quickly. My attention returned to Ruby. "Why would she do that? Did something happen?"

Yang's answer was muffled with her face buried in my chest. "Ask Weiss."

I looked at the white-haired heiress, a terrible scowl covering my face. "What did you do, Ice Queen?!"

She was visibly surprised by my harsh tone.

DJ jumped in and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy, (F/n). Let's not jump to conclusions here!"

I hadn't meant to sound so threatening and accusing, but I was worked up. I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. I was confused and worried, plus Yang was upset and that never made me happy.

I sighed and placed a kiss on Yang's head. "You're right," I said to DJ. I looked at the heiress again. "I'm sorry Weiss. Please forgive me." I received a nod in return.

Jameson then stepped in. "Weiss, could you please explain to us what happened leading up to Blake running away?"

Weiss hesitated, so Ruby took over. "I can."

Ruby proceeded to describe a walk down to the docks two days prior. There was an incident regarding another robbed dust shop, followed by an encounter with a stowaway monkey faunus. Apparently, Weiss and Blake later had a terrible argument over their opposing views of the White Fang. Blake let something slip suggesting her being affiliated with the revolutionary group. She suddenly left in a panic and no one had seen her since.

There was silence as my team and I attempted to process everything we'd been told. Jameson spoke first. "If Blake was formerly affiliated with the White Fang, then it may be that she ran because she was afraid of what you might think of her."

Yang removed her face from my chest and looked up at me, her lilac eyes pleading for me to do something. I spoke my mind in a flat tone. "I think the reasons why are irrelevant at this point. Our friend is out there on her own, and she could easily be in trouble. That's all I care about right now. Reasoning can only get us so far. We're a family here, and Blake Belladonna is a part of this family. We need to find her and bring her home. Now."

Yang's approving smile was all I needed. She pulled away and stepped to my side, taking my hand. "I'm with (F/n) on this." Team VYTL and Ruby nodded in agreement.

Everyone's attention turned to Weiss. She showed only indifference. "It might be better for everyone if she wasn't around."