cozy

warm and cozy next to you, sitting in front of the fire. We sat there for hours. It didn't matter that the power was out. The fire was warm and we stayed close together. You had nothing to do and neither did I. You picked up a book and sat on the floor, you patted the spot beside you for me to sit down with you. I grabbed a blanket off of the couch and sat down. We shared the blanket and a few pillows. I cozied up next to you. My head on your shoulder, watching you read and listening to your steady breathing. It was nice, staying quiet. We probably wouldn't have noticed the power coming back on unless the TV hadn't turned back on. The news station flashed on and we heard about the apparently huge power outage on this side of town. we got up and turned the TV off, ignoring the news. I was tired and warm and didn't want to move from my spot on the floor. I really didn't want to move. I complained about having to get up. You gave me this look, that said 'are you really that lazy'. You came back over to me. I snuggled or tried to move closer to the floor. You picked me up off the floor and grabbed the blanket. You moved through the house towards my room. You set me down on my bed and pulled up the covers and laid the blanket on top. I was already drifting in and out of conscinceousness. I felt you kiss my forehead and I heard you tell me goodnight. I heard the door close. I rolled over and was asleep in seconds. I awoke in the early morning, just after the sunrise. I was warm and cozy underneath the covers and I was really comfy. I got up and went to your room. You had just woken up, and I said good morning. And you smiled.