Party

There was extremely loud music. There were flashing lights and thumping bass.  But we didn't notice. We were too focused on the rush we gave to each other. We danced there in the darkness. And we have into that rush. Your hands were on my hips as you pulled me closer to you. I don't remember who made that first move or how we ended up at your house, in your bed. I remember you pulling me closer to you and holding hands as you drove us around. I do remember your touches on my skin, that made goosebumps rise on my skin. I barely remember anything that was going on at that party but I remember everything that was going on between us. I remember the sensations you gave me with those touches. I remember waking up in a blurry morning haze with you next to me. And I remember leaving before you woke up. I know that I left wearing your shirt because I couldn't find my own. I remember thinking that I made a huge mistake. You remembered that night too, what we did. You didn't think it was a mistake. You thought it mattered that it was us, you and me , instead of me and someone else or you and someone else.  We expected different reactions from each other. The most unexpected things that came from it was the shock on our faces, as I realized and as I told you what was wrong with me. Your face, shocked as the words spilled out of my mouth. As you found out how terrified I was. I was terrified about what you would say, what others would say. You had been yelling at me before, telling me how waking up and me not being there made you feel like crap. I told you and paused with shock. You told me that neither one of us could've known this would happen. I had started to cry and you pulled me to your chest and held me there, as I quietly sobbed. You asked what I planned to do, I replied with the fact that I had no idea what to do. You asked if I was going to keep it and I said I didn't know yet. About a week later I came back to you crying; my best friend had found out and she had questioned me about it for hours , asking who, where , and when it had come about. I told her when and where but not who. I told her that it happened on a Saturday night the month before at a party which had been at a random person's house, that I had been dragged to said party. And that it just happened because it felt right. And that I had realized that it was a huge mistake. I told her that I wasn't sure about who it had been , but that was a lie; she knew it was a lie too, but didn't push me for an answer. She knew that those were the only answers that she would be getting. I told you I was scared and didn't know what to do. A few days later after I told you that I was scared, I told you my answer: that I was going to keep what was mine, and be brave, and that I hoped you would be there beside me. With what was ours.