Chapter 6-Bo

It was the only color I could get into my life."

I don't remove my eyes from the road. What I said was true. My entire life had been dull and full of pain. Dying my hair was the only way I could bring color into my life. Even after I defeated my father, I kept my hair dyed, because I was still missing my happiness.

"So, Bo, how big is your pack?" Charles asks from the back.

"About 400, but now we only have maybe 280 something," I sigh making a turn.

"What do you mean?"

"The children were taken," I growl, tightening my grip on the steering wheel.

"Oh yeah, Tommy told me about that," he says. "I'm sorry."

"Okay, so who wants to listen to music?" I ask, trying to fill in the silence.

"Oh please not your heavy metal or rock," Caleb fake begs from the backseat.

"Why what's wrong with it?" I ask, with mock hurt.

"It's just loud noise. Why don't we put on some rap," he suggest with an evil smirk.

"Oh, hell no, that's trash. How about some 80's music, that's always a good option," I shrug, turning on the radio.

"Noooo" Caleb whines.

"Hey, shut it. My car, my rules," I smirk into the rear view mirror as Skid Row comes on.

"Remember yesterday, walking hand in hand

Love letters in the sand, I remember you

Through the sleepless nights through every endless day

I'd want to hear you say, I remember you oh oh"

The rest of the car ride passed quickly with singing and occasional talking. It felt good to laugh again. I never really laugh in my life, but I could tell Tommy was the key to make me happy. I parked in front of a huge pack house and just stared up at it.

"It's huge," I say quietly.

"Come on baby, let's go inside," Tommy chuckles from the passenger seat and hops out.

I stare after him. He called me baby. I liked it. The nickname made my stomach flip and a shiver to go down my spine. Wow, having a mate was going to turn me soft, but I would deal with that later.

"Help Charles to wherever their pack clinic is."

"Yes, alpha," they say in unison.

I hopped out of the car and walked to the back of the truck, pulling out my black duffle bag and placing it onto my shoulders. I walk back towards Tommy and let him pull me into his side.

"Uncle Tommy!" a little girl screams.

I look up just in time to see a little eight-year-old girl throw herself at Tommy. He lets go of me to lean down and hug her. She pulls away and gives him a cute little smile.

She had long curly white hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was very tall for her age, and gorgeously tan. She looked absolutely beautiful. She was going to have all of the boys after her when she gets older.

"Who's this, Uncle?" she asks, looking over at me.

"This is your aunt," Tommy chuckles from beside me.

I look at him shocked and see him giving me an encouraging smile. I look back down at the kid and smile. I had never been good with kids. Most kids were scared of me because of all of my scars.