Chapter 14-Bo

I woke up to the blinding light—once again. I attempted to move, but my limbs felt like bricks. I let out a small groan, trying to move, but it was no use.

"Bo, baby?" I heard Tommy's panicked voice.

I looked over and managed to smile at him. He let out a loud sigh of relief and laid his head beside me on the hospital bed, taking my hand in his. I rubbed his hand gently, finally finding the strength to do so.

"I thought I lost you. You wouldn't wake up. It's been a week," he mumbles into the bed sheets.

"I'm here," I say, moving my arms to lift his face up to meet my gaze.

I pull him towards me and brush my lips against him. Just when it was about to get heated, a throat cleared, making me groan in annoyance. Tommy smirked at me before pulling away, revealing Minnie, Jay, and Max. Max sprinted towards me, throwing herself onto the bed and hugging me. Tommy opened his mouth to object but I glared at him and he shut his mouth. Even though I couldn't breathe, I enjoyed Max hugging me.

"Thank goodness you're okay. I couldn't handle Tommy's grumpiness anymore,' Max grinned pulling away.

"Is that the only reason?" I ask, faking hurt.

"Of course not, but I would say it was the top...no, maybe second reason," she smirks, making me chuckle.

I pull her in for another hug as Minnie and Jay move to sit at the foot of the bed.

"I'm glad you're okay, Bo," Minnie says, placing a gentle hand on my blanket-covered leg.

"I'm glad too, ell let you two get back to...whatever you were just doing," Jay smirks, pulling Max and Minnie out of the room.

I look over at Tommy and pat the bed next to me. He climbs in and wraps his arms gently around my shoulder, tucking me into his side. As much as I tried to stay awake, I was still exhausted and ached all over and quickly fell asleep with Tommy beside me.

+++

One year later

"Baby, I'm home," I called into our house.

I heard quick footsteps throughout the house, making my nerves act up again. I fidgeted with the engagement ring and wedding band on my finger with a small smile. He soon appeared in the doorway, a huge smile on his face.

"What happened to your hair?" he asked shocked.

I laughed nervously. I didn't know if he would like it or not, but I didn't need the extra color anymore.

"I had all the die washed out, do you like it?" I ask, playing with the blonde ends.

"I love it, but why?"

"Because I once told you that it was the only way I could add color to my life, and now I don't need the extra color. I have you," I say, a huge smile spreading across my face.

I let out a squeal as Tommy rushes over to me and scoops me up into his arms. I laugh before his lips crash into mine, as he grips my thighs, wrapping them around him. He carries me through the house, towards our bedroom. I smile against his lips as he lays me down.

Nothing could be more perfect than being with and married to the man I love, my mate.