Epilogue-Minnie

"Max, honey, where are you?" I ask, walking up the steps to her room.

A horrified gasp escaped my lips as I stare into my daughter's ruined bedroom. The furniture was tipped over and the bed was shredded. Her posters were torn down and her books and sports equipment lay everywhere. A sob escaped me as I rush farther into the room.

A note catches my eye, lying on the ruined bed. I rush over to it as I call for Jay. I snatch it and read over it, my face paling and more sobs escaping my lips.

"Your daughter is now in the hands of the humans. I figured it was time for them to know the truth about us and experiment with our kind. I thought Max was a perfect candidate. I hope you don't mind that we borrowed your daughter. You'll see her...let me think...never? Yeah that sounds about right. Have a nice life while it lasts.

--no one important 

"What's wrong, baby?" Jay asks, moving into the room, but he lets out a low growl at the sigh.

I shove him the note and fall to my knees. Jay lets out an angry howl and punches the closets wall before sliding down to the floor beside me. Our baby was gone and in the hands of humans that now know about us. He holds onto me as I cry, a few of his own tears slipping out. I would never see my little baby. I wouldn't get to see her first shift, either into a wolf or a bear. I would never see her beautiful crystal blue eyes or natural white hair. I would never see her playing sports or reading comic books. I would never see my baby girl.

Maxine was gone!

The End