Chapter 5~ A truth wished to be a myth

~ 3 Days later ~

Lily's POV. 

I sat atop the roof of my blue civic and stared out over the city bellow the valley. The sight of my home. My city. My only refuge. A flashback of two days ago hot me like a bat hits a ball.

~Flashback~

"Lily?" Mom raised her hand to my shoulder. "Are you alright?" I turned to her, fire in my eyes, and oil in my blood. "Mom. I'm not taking your role....I don't want to." Her face fell. Her eyes lost their twinkle and her smiles faded. "Wh-what?" I blinked back angry tears. "I don't want to be directer." 

Mom glanced down before she stared rambling. "Lily. Do you know what this means? You will be the face of the Force. You would be doing your father and me a great favour. And-" "And what about me?!" I cut her off. 

I was usually a calm person. Never really flying into outbursts of anger. Mom knew this. And she was taken aback at my actions. "What about what I want? Huh? What about my favour?! What about Dylan?! I love him! And I don't want to leave him for this stupid job!" 

Mom was close to tears. I could tell. But at the time, I didn't care. "You always want what's best for the XForce. What about what's best for me!?" I myself was close to crying. This was too much emotion.

"I remember when I was 8 dad put a gun in my hand. He told me to use it in the need of danger. You were who know where. Dad risked his life to find you! So did Uncle Jack!" A single tear leaked from mom's eye. "Lily...I-I'm sorr-" "No! Save it! I'm hate sorry! I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear that word again."

"Lily....I-I know I haven't been with you while you grew up....it was my fault for not spending time with you and your brother. I see the consequences of my actions....b-but...I'm sorry for not being there all the time..."

I glared at her, my heart pounding. turning cold stone for a temporary moment. the words pouring out of my mouth. The words I would regret from the moment I opened my lips...

"I hate you..."

~ End of Flashback ~

I sighed and hung my head. I was such an idiot. Why did I speak those words? How did I get so angry? I wasn't usually like that... "Ugh!" I lay back on the roof and slid down to the hood, resting my back against the windshield. 

Riinnnggg!!! Riinnggg!! 

I pulled out my phone and stared at the contact. Dylan. I took a deep breath and answered. "Hi, Dylan.." I dragged out my words. "Hi, Lily. Are you free tonight?" I sighed and leaned back my head. "I am. What's up?" 

I could see him grinning on the other side. "I have somewhere I want to take you. You up for that?" I smiled. "Sure thing." He laughed. It was cute. He always was cute with everything he did., "Thanks babe, you're the best. See you later."

I put my phone back in my pocket and sighed softly. I had promised dad I would help him move somethings from the lair to Uncle Leo new house, but I was not up for being in civilisation...not yet... 

The second ring of my phone forced me from my thoughts and made me answer. "Hello?" I didn't bother looking at the contact. "Lily....?" It was dad. His voice sounded.....like he was close to panicking. "Dad?" I sat up. "Is something wrong?" I heard sobs from the other side. 

Dad's voice cracked and I couldn't understand him. "L-Lil.....You need to come home....as soon as you can..." I started panicking. What had happened? Was someone in trouble? Was someone hurt? I slid off the hood of the car, my heart beating a mile a minute. 

"What's going on, dad?!" He sobbed. Dad never cried. He was always tough and the manliest man there ever was.....Something must be wrong. But what? 

"L-Lily....it's your mom........your Uncle jack...............They are missing."