Chapter 13 ~ A Nightmare....an idea....

The light in Lily's eyes faded as she looked up at the sight of her mother chained to the wall, a giant viper slithering around her striking every once and a while at Alex's abdomen, biting at her, and slithering away, only to return for another snack.

Lily tried to run to her mother, but her feet didn't budge. "M-mom!" She screamed. Alex lifted her head weakly and glared at her daughter. The look in her eyes made Lily wish she was bitten by the venomous snake. "This is all your fault." Alex spat.

Lily backed up slowly. This couldn't be real. could it? The viper slithered up to Lily, backing her into a corner. The snake began to slowly shift till her Uncle Jack was standing in front of her. "U-Uncle Jack...-" Jack Rodgers gripped Lily's neck, whacking her into the wall. "Worst niece ever!" His words cutting through Lily's mind like a knife through butter.

Lily trembled. Jack's face distorted and transformed into s viper's head. "Thissssss, isssss all your fault!" He hissed. Lily stared in horror at him, and heard the sound of chains cracking and shattering. Alex charged over and pinned her daughter to the wall. "Remember this was all your fault! But hey! You don't care right you said it yourself; You hate me......hate me.....hate me....Lily."

Lily struggled. "No.....no......no!" "Lily?! Lily!" Lily jumped up in bed, scuttling backwards till her back hit the wall. The light snapped on. "Lily? Are you ok?" Dylan stroked her cheek, pulling her close gently. "You ok?" He repeated his question, his heart racing at almost the same pace as hers. Dylan was worried. He always was.

Lily sighed softly, wrapping her arms around his torso, burying her face into his neck. "I-it was mom.....and uncle Jack......The snake....a Viper.....it was....m-my fault." Lily sobbed. Dylan stroked her hair, trying to calm her. "Shhhh, it's alright. It was a nightmare. Not real at all. Not even close."

Lily pulled back and realised. Dylan was shirtless. His muscles, both sharp and soft, tensed and relaxed from every little move he made. His jade necklace standing out on his soft pink skin. Lily glanced away, blushing, then hugged him again. Her arms around him. "D-Dylan.....I-I don't know if I can do this...leading the team.....into danger...." Dylan shook his head, pushing her back gently, his hands on her shoulders. "Lily, this is what you were meant to do. You are descended from generations of heroes and warriors. And most importantly, Successors." Lily looked into his soft brown eyes.

They reminded her of a lost puppy at times. A puppy who was trusting in anyone. One who put his trust in someone's hands even if it was his life. And Dylan defiantly trusted Lily with his life.

Lily looked down. "Dylan, mom wanted to live the life of a hero. A warrior. I just wanted a normal life with you." Dylan's soft smile returned. The smile she missed way too much. The smile that tugged him onto her heart. The smile that stole her heart.

"Lily," His voice was deep, but soft. "Do you think your mom wanted a life of death left right and centre? Do you think she wanted a life where she had to watch her friends. People she trusted, betray her, and stab her in the back? Do you think she wanted to purposely leave you and Buck at home? Leaving you motherless?"

Lily looked up, shaking her head. He was right. Her cute, adorable, but wise boyfriend was right. "No...." Dylan smiled. "Exactly." He lifted his right hand from her shoulder to the side of her face. "Would you have sacrificed a normal life to secretly protect me? To let me and my mom fight for ourselves? For our own lives, so you could have it all with some Mr. Perfect?"

A smile tugged at Lily's lips as his point hit her straight home. "Without you I wouldn't have a 'normal' life...." He smiled kindly. "If I had refused Uncle Jack's offer to help protect you....I would never had met you and might have fell more for Jayden...." Dylan kissed her cheek. "Exactly. Without you, I wouldn't have found out who I was meant to be." Lily grinned at him. "And for me....for my family.....fighting for what's right....is normal!" Dylan smiled, proud.

"Don't try so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out." He kissed her nose and stood up. "I love you Lily. Goodnight." He closed the door softly, leaving Lily smiling like an idiot. His words giving her an idea. "Don't try so hard to fit in.....when you were born to stand out."

"Thanks Dylan. I love you too." Lily hopped out of bed and to the small desk where she grabbed a pencil and paper. "You've given me the best idea ever." 

Happy belated National Puppy Day! Hope you all had great times with your canine buddies!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Tell me how much your enjoying it and don't froget to vote and comment!