24|| Thalia

"C'mon," Thalia gritted her teeth as she lugged Ron up another step. Ron winced as he placed too much weight on his bad leg.

"It's not my fault my leg's like this," He grumbled. In front of them, Jason floated on top of the stairs. Thalia waved her wand and he began to float up the second floor.

"Can't we just take him to the hospital wing?" Ron asked for the millionth time.

"Ambrosia and Nectar would be best for him," Thalia said. "He's not a full wizard, so I'm not sure what the potions would do to him."

After way too long, they finally hauled Jason into the boy's dormitories, where a certain son of Hades waited, his ribs bound with his scarf.

"Take care of Jason," Thalia said as Jason floated onto his bed. "I have to get this idiot here to the hospital wing."

Nico nodded and reached for the jar of nectar by his bed as Thalia and Ron clumsily walked back down.

Thalia sighed. "This is going to take forever."

>>>•O•<<<

"Almost there..." Ron reached over for the door and it swung open. His face was slick with perspiration. "Finally. I'm guessing this is why you're not a healer?"

Thalia raised an eyebrow. "I'll have you know that I can take care of wounds just fine... just not magic ones."

"It's not a magic one," Ron grumbled as they clomped inside. "It's a dog bite."

"Oh, really?" Thalia grinned at Ron's expression. "C'mon, let's get your complaining self into proper care."

They stepped inside, and the first thing Thalia noticed was the shouting.

"--NOT CONFUNDED!" Harry was yelling.

"Minister! Professor!" Madam Pomfrey said angrily. "I must insist that you leave. Potter is my patient, and he should not be distressed!"

"I'm not distressed! I'm trying to tell them what happened!" Harry said furiously. "If they'd just listen--"

The door opened behind the two, who had gone unnoticed. It was Dumbledore.

"My apologies, Poppy, but I need a word with Mr. Potter and Miss Granger," Dumbledore said firmly, and noticed Ron and Thalia. "Best if you come too, Thalia. But let Madam Pomfrey take care of Ron, that leg wound isn't pretty."

Madam Pomfrey bustled over and immediately helped Ron to a bed which she wheeled out of the room, still angry about the intrusion.

"Severus, Minister, I must insist," Dumbledore said seriously. "I have spoken to Sirius Black. This cannot wait."

Fudge pulled out a gold pocket watch and examined it. "The dementors should have arrived by now," He said. "I'll go and meet them. Dumbledore, I'll see you upstairs."

Snape stepped closer to Dumbledore. "You surely don't believe Black's story?" He whispered, eyes fixed intently on Dumbledore's face.

"I wish to speak to Harry, Hermione, and Thalia alone," Dumbledore repeated firmly, his voice suggesting no further prompt. Snape turned on his heel and marched out the door.

Harry and Hermione opened their mouths to speak, but Dumbledore held his hand up firmly. "No explanations," He said. "I heard Black's story, but there is not a shred of proof to his story but your words. And who's going to take the words of a couple of third years?"

"Probably a second year," Thalia muttered. "Or a first year."

"But you believe us?" Harry asked anxiously.