Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The plane landed in Miami and as soon as we got off, the heavy humid air attacked me, it was hard to breathe.

"Don't inhale, just breathe, I know, it like sucking in water, but breathe softly, it'll get better," Bryce whispered.

I breathed softly and it actually seemed to work. Bryce drove the rental car towards his house. After a couple of hours of driving he finally slowed and stopped next to a giant apartment looking building.

"My family owns all that," he whispered.

"Do they know we are coming?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah, I called them when we landed, they are prepared if you get what I mean," he said kissing my cheek.

I got out and I dusted myself off. I was wearing a dark purple high-heels shoes and a knee length dark purple skirt and a black collared blouse and I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

"Ready?" Bryce asked.

"No, but I'll manage," I said smiling.

He rubbed my back and we walked towards the door. Bryce opened the door and we walked in.

The interior was beautiful, black cursive like designs decorated on the ceiling and the walls were mahogany red. There were antiques vases and glass figurines. I could tell they were collected over the years. There was a spiraling staircase in front of us.

I heard high heels clacking the marble floor and I turned my head to see a tall slender woman with blonde hair. She wore a skintight skirt and a tight shirt that showed how huge her breasts was.

"Hello," she said in a smooth voice with forced cheeriness behind it.

"Hello," I said.

"Mom," Bryce said and I thought I heard a tinge of disgust in his voice. "This is my girlfriend Maria. Maria, this is my step mom Jane."

"Nice to meet you, Maria. Lovely name by the way," she said in that fake cheery voice.

There were another set footsteps; this one had a strong determined step to it. There was a tall man coming from where Jane came from. He was tall, strong and had an aura of authority surrounding him. He had green eyes and dark hair like Bryce, but his is broader than Bryce's.

"Bryce," His strong voice reverberated, "And who is this young lady?" He looked at me with a hint of suspicious in his eyes.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend Maria. Maria, this is my dad, Brad Carter," Bryce introduced us.

"Hello, Mr. Carter," I said politely.

"Maria," he bowed his head.

There was another set of footsteps, but this time a clack came every second step. Soon and elderly woman with silvery gray hair with a black with a golden handle came waddling towards us.

"Bryce, what are you up to, dear boy?" her voice sounded old but brought warmth to my heart.

"Grandma," Bryce said with love and admiration in his voice. "Grandma, this is my girlfriend Maria. Maria, this is Grandma Willa."

"Hello," I said nervously.

"Hello... well don't stand there, come and give granny a hug," Grandma Willa said.

I walked to Grandma Willa and gave her a hug, which she returned.

"Oh, she is a keeper, alright," she said smiling and she patted me on the arm.