Chapter nine

Chapter 9

My plane had finally landed in California, my heart squeezed as I thought about Bryce. He was on my mind on the entire flight. My traced my lips as if I felt the ghost of his lips against mine. I sighed and hailed a taxi and took a ride home.

I had enough to pay for the taxi but no tips, the cabdriver swore and drove off. I used the key and opened the door expecting my parents but the house was quiet as death. I was puzzled and I closed the door behind me.

"Mom, dad," I called out.

No answer, I saw three missed phone calls on the answer machine.

I hit play and the message played.

Message one: "Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson, this is counselor Paluch from Camp NightLand. I regret to say the Maria Jefferson has run away from the camp. We are doing our best to find her." Beep

Message two: "This is counselor Paluch and there is no sign of your daughter Maria." Beep

Message three: "MARIA JEFFERSON!!" Dad's voice shouted, "I got a call from the camp and you RAN AWAY!!! I know you make your way back home. When your Mother and I get home from our cruise you are SO GROUNDED YOUNG LADY!!" he roared and the sound of the phone slamming. Beep.

I shrugged and was about to walk upstairs and then the doorbell rang. I walked back to the door and opened it and my jaw dropped. Bryce was standing on my doorstep with a smile on his face.

I was stunned and then I smiled, "Bryce!" I shouted and jumped on him.

He chuckled and hugged me back and I kissed him on the lips. I stepped back and let Bryce in.

"Are your parents here?" he asked.

"No, they went on the cruise," I said closed the door. "And they know I ran away, so I'm in deep trouble," I chuckled.

"I'm guessing that I'm in trouble too," he and scratched his head awkwardly.

I looked at Bryce, "I missed you," I whispered.

He looked at me then he closed the space between us and his lips were on mine. I kissed him back and my arms made their way to his neck.

He broke the kiss, "I miss you too," he whispered.

I smiled and hugged him. We were like that for several long moments.

"Would you like the tour of the house?" I asked.

"Sure," he said.

"This is the kitchen and the living room," I said and walked upstairs with him following me.

"This is my older sister's room, I pointed at the closed door. "That is my parents' door and this is the bathroom." I said pointing out the doors.

"What is that room?" Bryce asked.

"Uh... my sister's, and mine," I said.

Bryce took off and opened the door and I walked after him. Bryce was in the middle of the room.

"Let me guess... the dark side is yours?" Bryce said.

"You know me so well," I said smiling.

"Yeah... I guess I do," Bryce whispered and he faced me and suddenly he was in front of me.

I felt his arms wrapping themselves around my waist and I felt his chest pressing against me. I felt his chin resting on top of my head. I sighed and Bryce backed away. He grabbed my chin and kissed me. This was a strange kiss, it was more longing and soft but most of all it was filled with an emotion I couldn't recognize. I kissed him back and I felt his cool tongue tracing my lips. I opened my mouth slightly and Bryce invaded, I invaded whenever he rested. We had a hot make out session, and I know we wanted more. Bryce grabbed my shirt and tugged it off, I moaned softly when his lips kissed my shoulder. I unbuttoned his shirt and I felt his chest and he shivered. I pushed the shirt off and I kissed his front shoulder and up his neck.