7. Jealous Mind

Sean was glad that Julian was staying in his room, honest. But he just couldn't seem to accept the fact that everywhere Julian went, Dhani was following behind him like a little puppy.

He liked seeing Julian trace his fingers delicately around the frame of his bed, giggling to his own delight when he saw that Sean still had the picture of them from the wedding. (Julian wouldn't say that he still had the picture in his wallet and at the table on his bedside.) To put it into words he could comprehend, Sean was delighted to see that Julian was effected by the nostalgia that his old bedroom had to offer when he stepped in it.

"Oh god this brings back so many memories!" Julian sighed and fell back on his bed, next to Dhani's side. "You remember the time we made a pillow fort with Dad when Daddy had to open up his exhibition in England?"

"Oh god, yeah! And what about the time we played hide and seek but we kept changing our spots and we thought we were lost but we were actually in here the whole time?" Sean chuckled.

"Oh god I almost forgot about that," Julian flashed a smile and leaned over the bed. "I almost forgot all the memories I had here."

Sean was hit with a pang in his chest. He didn't know what it was that made him feel this way but he knew it had something to do with the fact that Jules was forgetting. He was forgetting all the good times, all the bad times, any times that they've ever had together. He was forgetting it all because he's starting a new life with Dhani.

New memories with someone he's only known for 8 years unlike himself and Dad and Daddy, who he's known for his entire life! Well, not Dad, but that wasn't the point. The fact is that he's known them more than he's known Dhani to start forgetting what they've had together.

Sean couldn't help but scowl when he heard Julian say those words. Scowl because he knows that his brother is going to forget about them eventually. Scowl because the Julian he once knew was now gone. All thanks to Dhani.

"I need to go real quick," Sean said with his best fake smile and got up from the bed. "I'll be back."

"See ya." Julian saluted wholeheartedly.

If only he knew how much Sean was hurting.

The walk to his fathers door was agonizing. He felt so weak for this, like it shouldn't be happening. But here he was.

"Dad?" Sean knocked on the door softly. He felt his head hit the door and a tear fell down his cheek. "Daddy? You guys?"

There was murmuring and bed springs creaking and finally, the door opened.

John was there, his cheeks were red, and love bites were forming on his neck. He had a sheepish smile until he saw his son's tear streaked cheeks and it was immediately replaced with a frown.

"What's wrong?" His voice was soft. He lead Sean to the room and sat him down on the bed next to Ringo, who sat up immediately and cupped his son's face in his hands.

"You alright?" Ringo brushed back Sean's short hair and scanned over his eyes.

"No," Sean's voice was wobbly. He reached up and wiped away his tears with the back of his hands and rested his head on top of Ringo's shoulder, letting himself cry as much as he pleased. "Julian. He's not the same."

John sat next to his son and husband, trying to ignore the fact that his son was absolutely heartbroken because of his brother. This just couldn't be possible, no. Julian couldn't have hurt him this badly.

"Kiddo," Ringo cooed softly and kissed Sean's head. "Can you explain to me how he's not the same?"

"He," a sniffle and just a bit more crying. "He doesn't remember anything anymore. All the memories we've had. Dad, Daddy, he's forgetting about all we've ever done because of Dhani. He's forgetting about his fucking family! That's not okay!"

John was at a loss for words. He looked hopelessly at Ringo who was in just as much shock as John was. They stayed in silence until at last Ringo did something.

He sighed and held Sean tighter against him. He rubbed his back and whispered in his ear softly while the lad continued to cry silently.

"If you must," Ringo whispered so that only Sean could hear, "You can sleep in here. It's fine."

"Are you sure?" Sean sniffled and wiped at his eyes again. "You guys were pretty busy."

"It's alright kiddo," Ringo smiled softly. "We'll be fine with you in here."

"Thank you," Sean said in that wobbly voice of his. "Thank you so much."