10. Good News...

"I'm not telling them." Julian said and twisted the silver band on his ring finger.

"Well I sure as hell can't say it either," Dhani sighed. "I never even asked for their approval to marry you."

"What!" Julian sat up and smacked his fiancé's shoulder. "Are you psychotic? Now they really won't let us get married!"

"Okay I might not have thought this through." Dhani admitted.

"No shit honey," Julian sighed irritably and got up from their bed. "Honestly I don't know how I've put up with you for so long."

"You did say yes," Dhani grinned and followed Julian out of their room. "You must really love me."

"Yes," Julian couldn't help but grin and pull his fiancé in for a quick kiss. "I do love you a lot. I just can't believe that Dad and Daddy don't know you were gonna propose. You really should've told them y'know."

"I know I know," Dhani sighed. "You're calling them though."

"Me?" Julian shrieked. "No bleedin' chance!"

"They're your dads!" Dhani argued.

"They're gonna be your father-in-laws!" Julian yelled back.

"Fine," Dhani grumbled and snatched the phone away from Julian. He had just dialed the number when Julian had decided to snatch the phone away from him.

"They're my dads I should just tell 'em." Julian finally said.

"Tell us what?" Ringo's voice came through the line and Julian's eyes went wide.

"Oh," Julian laughed briefly. "Hey Dad. How's everything?"

"What are you gonna tell me?" Ringo sighed.

"Oh so you just wanna go directly to the point huh," Julian laughed nervously and looked down at the ring that shimmered faintly in the light. It was gorgeous. "So, um, me and Dhani may or may not have just gotten engaged."

"Say that again." Ringo deadpanned.

"We kinda maybe sorta just got engaged." Julian said. He waited for his father's reply but all he got was silence. He looked at the phone questioningly. "Dad? You still there? Dad?"

"You got fucking engaged?" Ringo yelled out and Julian had to pull the phone away from his ear to not risk becoming deaf.

"Hey it was Dhani's idea!" Julian said and Ringo sighed loudly.

"But you said yes!" Ringo said. "What do you not understand about engagement? How do think I ended up being your father?"

"He asked you to marry him and you said yes." Julian deadpanned.

"Okay maybe you do understand that but you know what I'm talking about," Ringo sighed. "I don't think now is the time to get engaged and such."

"What do you mean?" Julian scoffed. "Dad you know I love him a lot and besides, you guys approve of him. Right?"

"Jules it's fine but it's just something personal that I really can't tell you about. I'm sorry sweetheart. Y'know I love you and all but the timing is a bit off. I say you plan it and all but you have it a bit later in the year? Yeah?"

Julian sighed and looked at Dhani with helpless eyes. He instead let out another sigh and spoke into the phone. "Fine. I love you Dad. Just know that."

"Oh sweetheart," Ringo spoke in that soft voice that Julian loved to hear. "You know I love you too. And congrats. I hope you two are very happy together."

"Thanks Dad," Julian smiled. "See you soon."

"You too kiddo." And with that he hung up.

"So?" Dhani wrapped his arms around Julian's waist and rested his chin on Julian's head. "What'd he say?"

"We need to postpone the wedding," Julian frowned. "He said someone in the family might not necessarily agree to this."

"Who could it be?" Dhani furrowed his brows in confusion. 

"Daddy? Or Sean?" Julian frowned at the thought of either one being the answer.

"I can't say for sure," Dhani said and tightened his grip on Julian. "But I think it might be Sean."

Julian moved away from his fiancé when the words left his lips. "You don't know that. That might not be true."

But something in Julian was telling him that it was Sean. He was the only one acting odd around him anyways.