Chapter Eleven

~Cash~

We stayed there for a while, Jane laying back against my chest as we looked out over the lake.

"It's late, Cash," she said, eventually, looking up at me. I looked down at her tilted face and kissed her lightly.

"Lets get you home," I said, and she smiled at me, standing up silently.

I linked my fingers with hers and we walked back to her house in silence. There was a light on in her house when we got there, and I felt Jane tense up when she saw it.

"What?" I whispered, but she shook her head.

"Nothing," she said. "I'll see you Monday?"

I frowned. "Can I see you tomorrow?" She shrugged.

"Sure. Just text me first."

I nodded, leaning her back against her front door and kissing her square on the mouth. I'm not sure how long we kissed - seconds, minutes, even - but I pulled away when a moan tore through her throat.

She flushed, smiling shyly at me.

"Tomorrow," I whispered, kissing her forehead before walking back down the driveway and down the block.

I could feel her eyes on me until she couldn't see me anymore.

~Jane~

I sighed, quickly unlocking the door and walking in. I found my mother waiting for me on the other side.

"Who was that?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Just a friend," I muttered, trying to walk around her and head up to my room.

"Didn't look like it. You were kissing him."

I held back a snarky comment. "Okay, so?"

"He looks like a rich kid."

I shrugged, my skin hot and my heart racing. "I don't know."

"Boys like him don't want anything but sex from girls like you."

The way she spoke about Cash made me sick to my stomach. She didn't even know him!

"You don't know him."

"What's his name?"

"Why?"

"What is his name, Jane?" her voice rose, but I knew she was bluffing.

"It doesn't matter."

I started climbing the stairs, but not before she said, "I didn't raise a whore, Jane."

I snapped. That's all I can say. All those nights of hearing her having sex, of the act of making love being broken down into something dirty and primal, came crashing down onto my shoulders.

"Really? Because with the kind of model you set I wouldn't be surprised if you did."

Her gasp was like lightning - sharp, electric, flying across the room at the speed of light.

I turned around and stormed up the stairs, slamming my bedroom door behind me.

I clicked on my phone and texted Alex.

Me: Do you know where Cash lives?

Alex: umm... maybe you should ask him?

Me: He'll be too practical, Alex, he won't tell me because he won't want me to run away from my problems.

Alex: what's going on?

Me: Please, I need Cash.

Alex: Okay.... Wait for me, ill drive you there.