Part 15 - Sneak Attack!

Matt crawled up to the office door. He grabbed a small piece of debris and threw it across the dining hall. Nate heard the sound.

"Mark? You alright?" Nothing came. "Mark?" Nate raised an eyebrow. He cautiously opened the door, only to be thrown back into the office, against a wall.

"What the heck, Mark?! What's wrong with you?!" But as the figure stepped closer, he could see that it wasn't actually Mark.

"You!" Nate yelled. He tried to get back up, but Matt was quicker. He pressed a knife against Nate's neck, smiling maniacally. His eyes were deluded and lost in the insanity. Nate froze. The last thing he wanted to do was accidentally kill himself.

"What the hell happened to you!?" Nate screamed angrily. "I know you lost your son that day, but we were friends! Why have you done all of this!? What did I do to make you hate me so much?! What did I forget?!"

Matt pressed the knife closer to Nate's neck, shutting him up. Nate's face tightened, wanting so badly to move, just to get away from the cold, thin blade against his neck. But then, he was surprised.

Matt was crying. "You remember Libby, my daughter, right?" Nate slightly nodded, careful about the knife. "You want to know what you did to deserve this? You stopped me from saving her. That's just as bad as killing her yourself, in my opinion!"

"H-how did I do that?" Nate asked, calmly, but cautiously.

"It has to do with your son. Luke." Matt snapped out of his misery at his daughter, becoming angry towards Nate's son. "I killed him! I was using him to save my son, but you saw what happened and freaking kidnapped me! Because of that, I couldn't save my daughter! Both my children are dead! Both of them! You didn't even have the guts to put me out of my misery! All those theatrics, they were nothing! You couldn't kill me that day, so now I'm here to return the favor!" Matt, enraged, randomly swung the blade through the air, slightly catching the side of Nate's neck, but not enough to be a wound.

Nate kicked Matt back and stood up, running to the kitchen. "I swear to god Nate! I'm going to kill you, whether you like it or not!"