Chapter 19: Epilogue

Simon:

"Make sure that he will never be his son..." I whispered Charon's secret message.

I folded the letter. This would be the last word I'll get from Charon. But something felt off.

Would Simon still love if he didn't know that the Eros was mine.

Whatever it is I'm brushing it off for now. Who knew the one who tore us apart from the beginning, would also be the one bringing us back together. But I had to admit, this won't be an easy journey. Time was wasted on what could have been us getting to know each other more.

I walked towards the incubator.

"Eros..." I say. And as if he knew his name he looked at me.
"You saved our family" I said. His tail was wagging while looking at me. As if he was waiting for something to happen. He yipped.

The doctor came in. He took the pup and checked him. Checking the blue eyes. He then sniffed him. But Eros almost bit his nose.

"Alpha Eros... it is then" the doctor said."nothing seems to be wrong but he needs to be fed..." he looks in my direction."You'll going to have to nurse him" He then gave the pup to my hands. And as if automatic the pup snuggled to me. I suddenly felt something wet running down my cheek. 

"A tear represents the weakness that drive the warrior into a state of emotion. But be it happiness or sadness, tears would rewards the warrior in the end"

Charon:

"Wherever I am, whoever who I am with you will still have a place in my heart" I close my eyes.

"....so this is peace" as I felt the warm embrace me.

The warmth I've wanted from the beginning. The warmth I yearned for that drove me mad. That drove me to kill. This is the warmth.

"The moon shines on those who found clarity in the dark but the sun warms those who broke through the cold madness"

Roman:

I looked in the mirror. I was looking better. This the Roman I knew before. The Roman who found beauty in alk things and chose to accept.

That maybe the case. But still I cannot comprehend how My rival was both an ally and an enemy.

Simon Creede, you are the beauty I've lost and regained. Eros Creede-Victors you are the beauty of life that the Goddess has given me.

"Beauty in all things exist. It only takes one who sees to appreciate."
***

As time passed by... Everything was peaceful. Rogues were calm. The New era was ahead of them. Peaceful lives in multiple packs ushered in the Rogue programs.

As the alpha and luna happily welcome the rogues into their territory. They can't help remember all the horrific portion of their lives.

They saw familiar faces. Some of them former enemies. They took them in as their own family. The young Alpha Eros happily talked to the rogues in his age bracket.

The sun was setting on the beginning of an era for peace throughout the Wolves. But as the sun sets the Shadows come out of hiding and dominate the land. Shadows of anger and vengeance. Anger of the forgotten.

"The one who cried, The one who admired and the one that found peace"

This was Safe by Matt Gabriel Luna