Twenty--The End

Twenty

I woke the next morning and everything was the way it had been when I had gone to sleep. I rolled over and my father was standing over the bed and he looked a little upset.

"Alice..."

  "Daddy?" I looked up at him with a sleepy expression, and he glared at Joel.

             "I thought I told you to stay in your room?"

"And I thought I told you that I'm 18." He paced and he just looked at me then to Joel.

   "He can't get away with what has happened; what he did." And I just looked a Joel. The bruises were more than enough punishment.

"He has passed my test and he has the strenght I need. Daddy I'm alpha of this pack remember that." He looked at me surprised.

"You'll over step me for him?"

   "Everyime time. You won't hurt him Daddy." He looked at me unsure of what was making me act this way.

"Greg come on."

   "But Megan she is my little--"

"She's not so little anymore. You have to let her grow up; she has done so well for herself." My mom smiled at me and pulled my father out of the room.

"Get some more sleep sweetie we have a lot to do later today." I nodded and laid my head back down on the pillow. Joel's arm tightened around my waist. And I fell right back in to the dreams that I had left behind.

I woke around ten and Joel was trying to get out of bed, but was failing miserably he couldn't seem to get his left leg to stop hurting.

"Joel face it; you are going to be stuck in bed for awhile. Just relax and enjoy the fact that Nick is going ot have to take care of you while i'm out iwth my parents."

"I would much rather you stay here and let them handle what they have to do. I don't really trust Nick to take care of me. He can't even keep a goldfish alive for more than eight hours."

"Well lucky for you; you're not a goldfish." He didn't find it so amusing. I heard my mother call for me and I smiled at him. 

"You'll be fine I promise. I wouldn't leave you here if  I didnt trust them to take care of you. You know that." He looked at me and sighed.

"Alright, but make sure you take your phone. I want to be able to keep tabs on you."

   "Joel...we talked about this..."

"what?"

    "You being over protective."

"I'm just being cautious. There is nothing wrong with that; and you seem to just draw attention no matter where you go. Bailey you could walk into a gay bar and be there for maybe ten seconds and every single guy in there would no longer be gay."

"I think you are being a drama queen again."

    "Just please take your phone?"

"Alright, but try to get some more rest before you spend the whole day checking up on me." I pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Alice! Come on, we have to go."

   "Coming Mom!" I smiled and got up. He sat up and caught my wrist.

"You're not leaving here without kissing me properly."

      "Joel, my mom is waiting for me."

"Then hurry up." And I glared at him. I knelt down and pressed a kiss to his lips. Soft and gentle; he was expecting me to be hooked on him. And as much as I wanted to take everything he was offering me I stood and walked out of the room. Making sure my car keys were in my back pocket. I wasn't even out of the house when he started to text me. He was already complaining about Nick not taking care of him. Something about Nick spending too much time admiring himself and not enough time admiring Joel. I thought about reminding him, about his alpha voice but then he would make Nick do all kinds of things, just because he could. And Nick would have no choice but to do them. I got in the back seat of he car and looked up to m parents.

"Where are we going?"

   "We are going to see someone about something." And I just looked at her not sure what she was talking about.

"Mom stop being a creeper."

   "Well I can't really ruin the surprise."

"Come on, really? Surprsies I thought we were past this point."

   "We wanted you to have this." They took me to a garage in town and there was my red car. And I nearly died. It looked better than before Joel had hit the tree. I looked and Ryan popped his head out from behind the car.

"I'm sorry it took me so long." I looked at him and I was about to cry.

"You did this for me?" He looked at me and smiled.

   "Of course, you're like my baby sister. Who is able to kick my ass; but you are still my baby sister and I wanted to fix this for you." I hugged him and looked at my car. Everything was perfect now. I had my family. Mom, Dad, and my pack. They were jutst like family almost better because you can throw them out of the house and they have somewhere to go. I had Joel and he was ready to become alpha male of our pack. He was healing and the rouge pack was gone. Life was good. 

(Unknown)

I watched from a distance as she got in the car and smiled at her parents. I wanted to wipe that smile off her face. She took everything from me and I was going to tear her limb from limb. I just had to wait for my chance. When she wasn't so guarded; it had to be public and her whole pack was going to be ashamed of her. Then I will become the alpha; she would be banished and then she wuold know what it was like....I just had to wait.......