Ch. 19

Hey guys it's not that bad anymore... it was just all the stress. 

UGH! I HATE MY LIFE! I HAD TO GET SICK ON THE WEEK OF MY TRACK MEET! And seeing that I haven't gotten sick in like one year my body just isn't used to it...

___________________________________________________________________

Lucy's POV

Next morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up I sat up quickly trying to remember what happened yesterday. Think. Think. Oh! Shi is leaving today. Oh no. I scrambled around until I found my clock. Phew. It's only 10:23. It wouldn't leave that early right. I looked at the mirror and gasped in horror. I looked horrible. I had puffy red eyes, makeup smeared, messed up hair, and wrinkled clothes. Ugh. But I have no time to worry about this. I'm going to find Shi. Quickly using my powers I changed into a tank top with a skirt. On the way to the dining room I quickly used magic to style my hair and clean my face. The second I came close to the dining room I paused for a few seconds to regain mine composure. I made my way into the dining room with a huge smile on my face. Mom and Zeref looked at me weirdly.

"Sweetie. I just wanted to tell you that Shi left earlier."

"Oh... " I felt all my hopes of ever seeing Shi again getting crushed. Feeling tears come to my eyes I pushed them back and mustered a smile.

"Are you okay Lucy?" Zeref asked. He looked at me worriedly.

"I'm perfectly fine thanks for asking," I forced my smile to go even wider.

During breakfast Zeref, and mom kept giving me weird looks. I shrugged it off thinking it as pity. I had no strength to read their mind for I was to tired from crying last night.

"Hey sweetie tomorrow you're going back to Mongolia because we thought you needed some time alone. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, sure... I don't see why not. Thanks mom."

She smiled at me and resumed eating. Hmm... that's odd. Mom never asks me to go back to Mongolia. It's always me who has to beg her to let me go back to visit Mongolia. But then again I just shrugged it off, because I was way too excited to go visit my friends. Staying in this castle with just Zeref, and the butlers most of the time can get quite boring. But then again I have Faith, but now she's mostly training to get her revenge on Laxus. What should I do when I get to Fiona again. After breakfast I quickly went to my room to pack for tomorrow. All the thoughts of Shi left my mind. I threw in some random pieces of clothing before I asked my mom is I could leave today. I found her in the throne room talking to Zeref. Hmm... I wonder who they're talking about. 

I used my enchant hearing. 

"Is she even sad that Shi left?" Zeref asked. 

"I hope not..."

"But why? I thought you wanted them to marry. Why did you change your mind?"

"They're not fit for each other. He's to weak to hold all the power he'll receive if he became king."

"But we could have shared the power between us."

"No! The other kingdoms will look down on us! I will find a person worthy of the title."

"Lower your voice or else Lucy might hear you."

"Right. I don't know what to do anymore. How will I find  someone suitable for her?"

"Don't mom. Just let her marry Shi."

"Why do you like that boy so much? What's so special about him?" Mom spat out, as if it pained for her to even think about Shi.

"He makes Lucy happy. Do you care about your wealth and power before Lucy's happiness?"

There was a pause before she answered. I held in my breath getting ready for the next sentence. 

"Yes," I felt tears coming to my eyes. Holding in my tears I ran away as silently as possible in to the library. I heard shouting as I left. But it wasn't for me. It was Zeref shouting at mom.