5 years...(Slight trigger warning @ end about drugs)

Five years have passed since I gave birth to the child. He is a young boy. (He has my eyeeeeesss he has his mother's nameee k done)
He has his father's eyes. His name is Jacob. His hair is a beautiful (Y/H/C), just like mine.
Today is his first day of school..

"Mommy... Why isn't daddy here?"
"Jacob... I told you... You'll understand when you're older.."
Jacob looked at me and sighed.
I put him on the bus and went into my kitchen to sit down and read the paper.
"There's a new villain running Gotham... Could this be a new version of the Joker?"
I slammed the papers down.
No one could replace him. Ever.

'I remember the first time we met.. The sparkle in his eye...' I thought.

I felt myself tear up. I had to stop doing this. He's gone. I must move on.

'Would he want me to move on..? I don't think he would...' I thought again.

He died such a honorable death... Protecting me.. Protecting everything he loved..

"It should've been me...."I whispered to myself.

I checked my phone and opened up our old texts and read through them.

Something inside of me felt like he was still out there.
Searching.
For Jacob and I.

But Batman killed him and I need to stop having hope. Would he be a good father? He was always a bit inappropriate.. He did drugs.. He drank...
Maybe it was for the best...
But I think if he saw our son.. He'd instantly stop...

,, Knock,,

"Who was that?!" I thought out loud.
I went to the door and I saw my best friend.
Eddie.

A/N:
I was really gonna hurt you guys and make it a drug overdose :0 but i decided against that. He's changed. Right?
Will he ever return? ¯\_()_/¯

Stay tuned for book two❤️