7. Soundproof Walls

Aspen

I smile and say “Well I'm glad you think so, Shadowhunter. Maybe your parabatai won't be the only one enjoying the company of a warlock tonight." Clary tries to be disgusted by my outright slutty way of speaking. Simon perks up immediately. Jace seems slightly taken aback but very much turned on.

“Warlock? ... Magnus?” Simon. Asks, hopeful. I nod “He and Alec are in Alec's room. Not to be disturbed. They have a lot to talk about” I can feel Jace’s grin beside me.

“And with that ladies and gentlemen, we have places to be” Jace speaks up, taking my hand and leading me away. Once we get to my room and he shuts the door, we both die laughing. “Did you see her face?” Jace who is laughing just as hard as I am just nods quickly with tears in his eyes from laughing so hard.

“Ah that was wonderful” I say once we've finished our laughter fest. “You know.. You're pretty good at playing a seductress” Jace smirks while slowly walking towards me. I chuckle and say “Years of practice my dear” His smirk only grows the closer he gets.

“Maybe we could… Drag this out a little longer?” I smirk and nod once. He was definitely staying here tonight.

Alec Lightwood (Short)

“And that's how I escaped” Magnus finished explaining what happened, we were laying in bed. My head laying on his chest. I sat up a little, leaning on my left elbow and looking him in the eyes.

“That's horrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that” Magnus smiled.

“It's okay, Alexander. Because now I'm here with you and that's all that matters in my life right at this moment” I smile, drawing invisible shapes and runes on his bare chest with my fingers.

“What about Aspen? She's your daughter isn't she?” Magnus looks taken back by what I say. “How do you know that?” I shrugged. “She looks a lot like you, and she has snake eyes as her warlock mark. Yours are cat eyes. Ones that I love by the way” Magnus smiles, showing me his cat eyes.

I smile and lean up, bringing my face centimeters from his. I look him dead in his beautiful cat eyes and say “Magnus.. I love you

He smiles, “And I love you, Alexander” I kiss him, his lips tasting just as I had remembered. Not another word was said that night about anything but loving one another to the best of our abilities.

Jace

Aspen set the room to soundproof. No one could hear us. The door was locked, but they knew we were in here. “Jace!” Aspen screamed.

I look back at the TV screen and continue driving the car down the little track. “Why are mundane games so difficult?” I complain, making Aspen laugh. “My little sister beat this game in like a week” I eye her oddly.

“Madzie” I just nod then I remember “I thought Cat took her?”

“I lived with Catarina before coming here. Magnus taught me all he could and sent me off to her about 100 years ago”

My eyes go wide. “How old are you?” I ask,  Aspen gasps “You never ask a lady her age!” Then we both start laughing.

“I'm sorry but seriously” I laugh and ask again “In all seriousness. I am 657 years old” My mind is officially blown. “By the angel. How old is Magnus then?”

She shrugs. “Somewhere between 800 and 1,000” My eyes go wide and I just sit there for a moment, letting it sink in. Aspen again laughs, “What's the matter, not into older women?” I'm the one to snort with laughter this time.

Afraid I'll have too much experience for ya?” She continues to tease me. “That's it!” I yell, throwing down the Xbox controller thing. I pounce on her, knocking her onto her back, in bed. I start to tickle her mercilessly.

She howls with laughter and giggles. I'm laughing too because her laughter is just too contagious. Before long, we're both laughing so hard I can't even concentrate. I finally just stop tickling her and fall on the bed beside her. It takes a minute for us to regain our composure. I look at her and smile.

“I haven't laughed this much in so many years” I admit. It sounds more sad then I mean for it to.

Aspen frowns and says “Everyone, even the most serious of shadowhunters need to have a good laugh ever so often. It's part of being human” She's right.. I just wish more people felt that way.

“Jace” I hear Aspen quietly speak. I look back at her, she smiles and leans forward. At first I'm not sure what she's doing but then she kisses me. It's short and over quick but it made me want more.

I open my eyes, expecting her to still be laying beside me but she's gone. I'd think this whole thing was a dream except I'm not in my room, and the Xbox that she used magic to port in is still there. The game we quit on, still paused.

I look out at the balcony and see her standing there, I immediately jump to my feet and go to her. “I'm sorry” Is all she says once I'm out on the balcony.

“Don't be” I whisper, trying to keep quiet now that we're outside of the spell on her room. “Aspen” I whisper her name, softly grabbing her waist and turning her around to face me.