9. New Rune

Magnus Bane

(It wasn't my original plan to make it almost Christmas but I decided last minute I wanted to write a sappy fluff chapter so.. Enjoy lol OH and I spent an HOUR making the friggen rune for this chapter because it doesn't exist outside of fanfictions so XD haha enjoy that too.)

It's so good to be back home. I missed my apartment, I missed my Alexander. Now here I am, preparing Christmas dinner with him. Aspen is wrapping gifts with Jace in the spare bedroom, Simon and Clary are playing with Madzie in the living room. It would be so much more simple to just use magic, but cooking with my love, for my loved ones just has a good feel to it.

Besides, if it all goes wrong, magic is always Plan B. “Okay, we have all the gifts wrapped and going under the tree!” Aspen announced, excitedly while Jace packed them under the already stuffed Christmas tree. “By the angel, babe. Did we really have to buy so many presents?” I hear Jace groan, having trouble making it all fit.

“Oh shush you” Aspen says with a smile before using magic to make the tree taller. It's a traditional tree, but it's covered in glitter. Aspen’s idea, that's my girl.

Alexander smiled at me, flour all over his black sweater. I smile and dust the flour off, going in for a sly kiss while I'm at it. We hear a click of a camera and Aspen giggles “OTP!” She and Isabelle yell in unison.

“Sis! You finally made it” Alexander was relieved to see his sister here, safe and sound. And completely over the yin fen addiction.

“Yes, sorry for being late.. But I picked up a hitchhiker on the way” She joked as Raphael walked in. “Raphael, my son!” I smile and greet the young man with a hug. Aspen does the same soon after.

“Hello brother” She greets. It warms my heart to see my adoptive children get along so well with my blood child.

“Okay, dinner should be ready any time. You kids get the table ready” Alexander orders. Everyone just stares at him.

“What?” He asks with what seems to be a permanently fixed smile upon his gorgeous face. “You sound like such a dad” Isabelle teases, winking at us. I can see Alexander's blush. I chuckle and hand the stack of plates to Isabelle. “Behave” I say, she just laughs.

It takes a little bit of magic but we all fit at the table, which is packed with food. We say our toasts and just as we're about to eat I realize something.

“Luke isn't here” I speak up. Clary smiles and says “He said to tell you thanks for the invite but Maia made dinner for the pack tonight” I nod in understanding and smile.

Then we all dig in. Laughter, jokes, and stories fill the air as the night plays on, and at midnight, we all sit around the tree.

Aspen and Jace disperse the gifts out to everyone. Jace seems very uncomfortable in the little elf hat that Aspen demanded he wear. It matches her Santa hat.

We all open our gifts, one at a time. It take a good hour for everyone to get through their large piles. Aspen even got Clary a very nice gift, which surprised everyone. Clary seemed touched.

Once the wrapping paper was cleaned up and all the gifts were opened, everyone was exhausted and ready to get home and sleep for Christmas with their families in the morning.