8. Hickeys & Announcements

Jace

She looks upset, I'm not sure why. “I know of your feelings for the redhead. I should never have kissed you” She whispers. I cringe at the mention of Clary. Aspen notices.

“You know of the feelings I had for the redhead. Past tense. She's with Simon and I just.. I don't feel the same way about her as I did. If anything, I feel as Alec did when she first got here” Aspen laughed quietly.

“I'm serious, there is nothing to worry about. I'm totally over Clary” I assure the beautiful woman in front of me. She smiles and says “If you're sure” I nod once before following her back inside.

Clary

“If anything, I feel the same as Alec did when she first got here”

“There is nothing to worry about. I am totally over Clary”

I heard all the things that Jace said about me. I was sneaking Simon into my room. He had left earlier to feed and now he was back.

“If you're sure”

Then I heard him follow her back into her room. I felt sick to my stomach. “Clary.. Are you okay?” Simon walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I turn in his arms to face him. “Better than ever” I lie.

~Next Morning~

Simon snuck out early this morning, now Alec, Izzy and I are sitting at the breakfast table. Something new that we have adopted. We eat breakfast together and talk about things, like a normal family.

“Where are Jace and Aspen?” Magnus asks, bringing over a giant plate of pancakes that he made for all of us.

I cringe at the memory of what I heard last night. “I heard Jace go into her room late last night and he never did leave” Izzy giggled, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

“Oh my..” Magnus says, Alec smiles and kisses his warlock boyfriend. “I'm surprised you're not more upset Izzy. You seemed pretty taken by her when she first arrived” I spat out, not meaning to sound as jealous as I did. Izzy looked hurt by my words.

“If you're asking if I have feelings for her, the answer is no. I don't. Yeah having another girl around, especially one who likes to break training to go shopping in London totally had me wowed for a while but I don't have feelings for her. I totally ship her and Jace though”

Alec and Magnus seemed confused so we spent 10 minutes explaining what Shipping and OTP meant to Alec and Magnus.

“Like the two of you, you're Malec” Magnus smiled. “I like that” Alec blushed a bit “I do too” I rolled my eyes when I heard Jace and Aspen walking down the stairs.

“Good morning you too” Magnus greets, giving Aspen a knowing look. She's wearing a short, very tight black dress that shows off her cleavage and would show her ass if she didn't have black tights on too. Jace is laughing at something she said. He's wearing a gray zip up hoodie, unzipped and a pair of black skinny jeans.

His hair is a mess and he has an obvious hickey on his neck. “OTP” Izzy whispers to Magnus and Alec who laugh and stare at the two.

I groan, this is going to be the longest breakfast of my life.

“So.. I have something I need to tell all of you” Magnus states, once we've all gotten our pancakes. We look over at him, he seems a bit nervous.

“The reason that Aspen is here--” He motions to her, Alec and Izzy smile over at her. Jace is already smiling and leaning against her. She smiles down at the table and giggles when Jace says something to her. “--Is because not only is she one of the most magnificent things to ever happen by a crazed persons experimenting, but she is… My daughter” Magnus says it so proudly.

Izzy looks shocked, Jace and Alec just smile and clap. Apparently they already knew. It makes sense now, she said her dad was a warlock and her mother was a vampire who liked to do experiments. That's why she's so important to the Clave.