Chapter 5 ◇◇ Pieces of Me: Part 2

Chapter 5 "Pieces of Me: Part 2"

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. They build a fear embedded deep into your being preventing you from enjoying how beautiful life can be."

Chance's  POV

I watched her sleeping beautifully, peacefully like a perfect ass angel. I swear this girl is something else. Complicated, complex, hard as fuck yet soft in subtle ways to the people she loves. Her demeanor changes like she feels safe and no one could take that away from her then once she distances herself she's back cold towards the world. Surprisingly she didn't put up as much as a fight as I expected which means she feels whatever this is between us. She let her guard down at least for a while if only I could get down for good.

Last night I didn't expect her to react to me asking her what her tattoos meant to go like that. I was just curious. Most mothafucka's only get tattoos cause they look good and they think it makes them look hard especially chicks. Most of the time they don't have a meaning but she was different. A deep meaning to each one, emotions and memories attached to whatever she went through and mama done been through a lot she carries with her embedded in her spirit.

No woman becomes so tough and quick to defend herself from anything or anyone automatically, somebody or something made her become that way. Baring herself in protecting herself from the inevitable.

I looked at down at her sleeping figure snuggled around my body, her ass poked up in the air my tee doing nothing to hide her body from me, her hair tousled around her face, soft ass lips pouted naturally that I've been dying to feel against my own.

I felt my groin stir, morning wood growing thinking about how good it feels to have her soft body pressed against my own and how incredible it would feel to be inside her.

"Fuck" I mumbled lowly to myself, deciding to get up before I woke her.

I headed straight to the shower the stream waking me up. Finishing taking care of my hygiene and getting dressed. I walked back to the room leaning against the door frame again watching her like she would've disappeared or something changed in the time I've been away.

I shook my head, this fucking girl is going to be the damn death of me.

I'll let her sleep in; somehow I know she needs this.

Let me go scoop my baby doll some breakfast.

Dev's POV

I woke up to an empty cold bed where I know his warm body was holding me once I went to sleep.

Missing his snug comforting embrace I got up looking around; following the path he took bringing me up here.

"Chance" I called out, coming down the stairs.

"Chance" I called again, wondering around his living room and kitchen.

This nigga really left me alone in this secluded ass house. I know most niggas dip the morning after but this nigga had the nerve to leave me in his damn house knowing I can't leave. Ain't this some shit.

I went back into his bedroom, looking through his draws trying to find another tee and some boxers.

If the nigga gone leave me, I guess I'll take a shower and take care of my hygiene. I hope he doesn't mind but then again I really don't give af if he does or not. He's not here to say so.

Once I got out of the shower, I figured he still wasn't here so I decided to at least take a look around.

I was making my way back into his kitchen when I stopped before moving away from his foyer. It was beautiful at night but even more breathe taking in the sun light. The house sat on a hill overlooking the beach and you can see the horizon and blue ocean looking endless from here.