Pelajaran Bermimpi

Originally have been posted in my flickr account couple years(?) before.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eng-ta/6900755121

===

Dreaming Lessons ~ Pelajaran Bermimpi

There is something that couldn't be learned in the school, except if someone teaches it:

Dreaming Lesson.

Since 2009, I was tasked by the government to teach in a village Junior High School, located about 30 km from my home.

And I found, even if my school is a state school, my student's academic abilities are terribly so bad.

Imagine this: junior high school students who in fact have been graduated from primary school, whom can't read, write, moreover to count well!

So I wonder, what is the reason?

I try to investigate it.

I've already know that most of my student were come from middle class family to below.

But more than it, most of them were actually came from broken-home family.

Father passed away, mother remarried, then mother passed away and the step father remarried again.

Father and mother divorced, then each of them were remarried again and have their own new children and abandoned their previous children.

Father and mother were working out of town or country as a domestic worker or labor, and left their children in home with an old granny or deposit (?) them to another relatives whom couldn't gave an insurance to treat them well.

Father and mother work in rice field or factory which not too far from their home, but they go before their children wake and back very late after their child slept.

There are also some of my student whom their father have more than one wife whether official or a mistress.

There were even some of my students that were children out of wedlock, --a souvenir from overseas, when their mom worked there and being molested by their employer-- whom their birth certificate only written as their mother's child, without a father.

Or more badly than it, there are some of my students whom their father professions are a gangster or a thief!

What a heart crushing~
Now it's clear, there are too many reason of poor performance from my disciples....

They were trapped in a world that is oppressive, less affection, and attention.

Live just underwent a routine, because they feel this is the future they also would be.

No motivation to learn, furthermore to excel!

So, here I am to teach you to dream~

Listen dear, misfortunes of life could be changed.

Out there are also available a beautiful world that you could enter.

And if your family is now less fascinating, in the future you could be able to form your own family that full of love and affection more than what you have now!

Don't give up dear,
Please never give up!

Dreaming lessons is a lesson to be a better person.