37. Lifeless

"Lifeless"

Austin’s POV

“Can you tell him everything?” Rachel asked the nurse.

“Of course…The person that saved her said that-“

“Who saved her?” I interrupted.

“Me.”

Someone stepped into my view. They were standing behind Caitlin’s dad. He was holding Rachel too.

“I’m Dave. I’m one of Caitlin’s closest friends. I’m dating Rachel too, so all of us hung out a lot in the past few months. Well Caitlin was walking across the street at the school, and a car was coming towards her. She froze. I heard her scream something and then the car hit her. I ran to her as fast as I could.”

She screamed something.

She screamed my name. She wanted me to be there to save her.

“When I got to her the car was already speeding off. Her eyes were slowly closing and she couldn’t move. She rolled over the car and then hit her head on the cement.” Dave finished.

I was quiet for a minute. But, then realized something he didn’t tell me.

“Who hit her?”

“We don’t know. It was a hit and run, with a person.” He said. Rachel started crying again.

“So where is she?” I asked turning back to the nurse.

“Well, here comes the bad news…She hit her head on the road causing her brain to rock back and forth. The damage was enough to…to put her in a coma.”

“A coma?” I asked ready to cry, but I held it in.

“Yes, she was unresponsive since the hit. She is still alive, but is basically in a deep sleep. She also broke her arm, and has many cuts and bruises.” The nurse finished.

“Thank you.” I managed to say. And then she sat back down and started typing at her computer.

I ran a hand through my hair, trying to think what to do next. Then I felt a big hand on my shoulder. I turned around. I saw Caitlin’s dad and Rachel and Dave were sitting down in the waiting chairs. I also saw another girl next to Caitlin’s dad.

“Thank you for coming. I know that it is hard for you, with your career you barely have any free time.” He said.

“Caitlin still means everything to me.”

He just nodded and walked to the chairs with Rachel and Dave, leaving me with the girl.

The girl looked a lot like Caitlin. Wait could she be Caitlin’s-

“Hi. I’m Sarah, Caitlin’s sister.” She said holding out her hand. I shook her hand.

“I’m Austin Mahone, nice to meet you.”

“I know. The big heart-throb of the year. And Caitlin doesn’t talk about anyone, but you.” Sarah said as we walked to the chairs too. She sat down and I sat next to her.

“She talks about me?”

“Ya, are you two dating? She talks about you legit nonstop. And I don’t even live with her.”

“No, we are just friends, and you don’t live with her?” I asked.

Just Friends.

It still made me cringe. I love Caitlin more than a friend.