45. Treading Water

"Treading Water"

Caitlin’s POV

We arrived at our hotel last night. It’s pretty nice. Kyle made me sleep on the floor though, so my back is kind of achy. He has been out all day and I’m sitting on his bed watching TV.

I heard the lock on the door clicking and I panicked. He was opening the door. If he caught me on the bed…well I didn’t know what he would do. I was sitting on my knees, so I just need to get off this bed!

I leaped off and landed on my chest. The wind was knocked out of me.

“What are you doing?” He asked throwing his jacket on the bed looking at me on the floor.

“Uh…stretching.” I said in a scratchy voice still trying to catch my breath.

“Well get up.” He said forcefully. I stood up and fixed my shirt, by just straightening it out a little.

“Go put on a dress. Were going out.”

“I don’t have any clothes.” I rubbed my arm and looked down.

“What do you think that suitcase you dragged around the airport was full of?” He snapped. I said I would corporate, but I’m not going to let him step all over me. I’m not that same scared girl…I’m different, I’ve changed.

“Well I wouldn’t know because you won’t tell me anything that’s going on.” I crossed my arms over my chest and he gave me the death glare.

“Don’t talk back to me.”

“Well you asked a question right?” I gestured my hands.

“Just get dressed.”

“Are you going to tell me where we are going or…” I asked, trailing off. If you haven’t noticed, when I start arguing I can’t stop.

He stepped closer to me. I fell to the ground and grabbed my cheek. It stung, badly. I looked up at him with my hand still on my cheek. My eyes watered and I didn’t want to accept the fact that he just back-handed me.

“Watch your attitude bitch. Get dressed. If I tell you one more time, I won’t hesitate to hit you even harder.”

I looked down, stood up and walked into the other room. I opened the suitcase. I was rummaging through at the clothes when I was pushed to the side. I fell on my butt and looked up.

“I want you to wear this. If you don’t…You don’t want to know what I’ll do princess.” He smirked and threw some clothes at me. I took them and ran to the bathroom. I took my phone out of my pocket. I know what I’m about to do could either make it or break it for me.

I searched through my phone and pressed the calling app. It opened and I started dialing Austin’s number. I took a deep breath and held the phone up to my ear.

It wasn’t ringing. But, then I heard a voice.

Sorry. This phone does not have a number set up yet. You cannot receive or give calls without a number. Thank you. Goodbye.

I turned off my phone. I sat down and ran my fingers through my hair. Kyle didn’t even set up the phone, smart idea though.  I sat and thought about Austin. When is he suppose to ‘fall into the trap’, I just want him to save me. Should I even expect him to come?

He doesn’t love you. Stop expecting him to come. This is your fault. So this is your responsibility to get out of this situation. Just forget about him. He isn’t coming. He doesn’t care…