Chapter 14 - Meeting with Sinbad (Editted)

Third's P.O.V

If being lazy is a disease, then Lyra is sick from time to time. She never really cared much about the word 'Pride' but the only thing she wants to do is to how to escape the troublesome situation quicker and easier. Not like others could blame the lazy bum, If you have master who would dump his duties on you, would you feel energized despite knowing that its waaaay~ out of your league? Nah.

"Would you kindly repeat that?" To say that he's irritated is inappropriate. She is beyond pissed and very annoyed at the fact that her guarding duty turned to be another heroic act that she despised since 'that' happened to them.

'I swear I'm dropping out of his system after this last mission. If only mom didn't got involved here.'

Apparently, her master hooked her mother in here too, saying that Lyra doesn't have the ability to finish the one time mission. Being a mother, she rejected his words and even made a bet that she'll finish it for half a year worth of manual labor back in Reim. 'Joy, mom is acting reckless again, and that's where Ryna got hers too.'

"The King of Sindria is in the country. Your task is work under him and help him assisting the head of the rebellion."

Lyra stared at him hardly. As in too hard that Tye could feel it burning through his soul. His master knew about her trait, but the inconsiderate old master didn't care or just simply don't give a damn.'That's also one of his traits that I'm irritated at.'

"He has one of his trusted general with him does he not? Why am I included in here?"

Lyra's eyes flashed gold as Tye looked at her awaiting. The young girl's silence made him curious and her next words stunned him in his place.

"I'll accept it after all." Lyra's eyes turned back to her original orbs making Kyo blinked as too many thoughts evaded his mind.

"Don't strain your stupid mind Tye. Something just changed my mind."

Tye's eyebrows rose. "Oh? And that is?"

Lyra glared at her master," Don'stick your nosy nose on other's business. You're finding more trouble then dump the responsibility on a poor person."

Tye sweatdropped. She had a point." I'm just saving his sorry ass in the future."

Somewhere far from the talking master and disciple, a blonde kid sneezed......

"Geez...Is somebody talking about me?" The blonde asked wiping his nose with his fingers.

"You speak rude Lyra-chan~" Tye whined making his disciple rolls her eyes." Only because truth hurts."

----------------------------------------------------

"Hmmm... They should've be around here somewhere.." Lyra twirled a golden stick in her hands. The engravings that are designed on its both sides are elegantly made as a weird eight-point star symbol is on its stem. Lyra's blonde hair is tied up into a messy bun as some of her hair strands that are too short is in the side of her face. Half of her face is hidden by a purple clothe making her baby blue eyes standout even more.

"Too many people..." She muttered as she bumbed someone from the crowd formed infront of the place.'Thank God that I'm not a palace guard anymore..This'll be a pain.'

Lyra skillfully went passed from the soldiers and used a tiny bit of her magoi to make herself invisible to the naked eye. The inside halls are at mess. As soon as she landed inside, huge craters of what seemed to be a battlefield took place making her irritated. "What fool would leave a huge mark after a fight?"

Lyra shaked her head in response. "An idiot, I suppose."

Lyra closed her eyes concentrating to make the search faster.The King of Sindria isn't here.'useless master...'

Tye told her that there is a possibility that the womanizer of the seven seas is here. But there's a possibility that he's not too.

'Great a kid who is more than ten years younger is guarding a grown adult. Not weird at all, right?'

Retrieveng her own concentration, Lyra istead darted off to a the near fight. Speeding up herself, Lyra bolted off quickly to find a blonde kid and a black haired boy.

Lyra felt herself a little funny as she watched the black haired boy. 'Wow, that hair must be long enough like the one father had once.'

Raising an eyebrow to herself, Lyra cursed herself when she thought about him again. 'Move on Ly!' She thought.

Hitting herself with a slap on the both sides of her face, she sat crossed legs as her legs are currently dangling from the high wall.

Thinking back, Lyra stared at the golden stick on her hand. It is a mystery on how she got it because her memory's vague. All she knew is that a beautiful young maiden once given it to her when she was only four. Ryna also got one though hers is the more suspicious one. Ryna had a golden long stick that is more suitable for physical fighting than magic like hers. That's not all, the stick itself is adjusting to Ryna's height automatically. It was as if, the stick wants itself to be of convenience to her.

A flash of white light took her back to the present. A short blue-haired boy appeared as Lyra's face instantly flushed.

'God....He's so cute!' She thought as she covered her face with her both hands. Spinning her heals, Lyra took a deep breathe first before she looked back again to find the black-haired boy shaking at the blue-haired kid as the blonde one is currently kneeling with his bangs shadowing his eyes.

Lyra's eyes trailed over the blonde boy and then stood up abruptly before she walked away to the darkness leaving the three boys alone.

----------------------------------------------------

Lyra found her client far away from the palace as two of his generals stood beside him. It is actually to distinguish the lady killer of the seven seas because he's the only one that could be. That's what Lyra's gut says.

'My guts saved me this far. I'm not gonna ignore it when it's so damn obvious.'

"Who are you kid?" Lyra's blue orbs swept over to the general at the right side. He has been eyeing her cautiously for the whole time even though she is hiding in her place completely. An ex assasin eh..?

"Sinbad, the ruler of the country Sindria. I'm merely here to deploy the task assigned to me." The purple-head man laughed like its a joke but I placed my hand near my favorite weapon, my daggers.

"What is it? To assasinate me?" Sinbad chuckled out loud."Oh reminds me of old times!"

"Be serious Sin!" The general at the right scolded and Lyra could clearly see him readying his weapon if she ever took the initiation first.

"I'm here to guard you sent by my master." The three men stood still as they stared at her poker face. Lyra swore she heard the sound of crickets at the silence.

"Wait, what?!"

"Hey kid, is your master a woman that this idiot flirted at? Don't hold back."

"Hey! Why do you think of me so lowly?!"

"Because you're a flirt and a womanizer.." Lyra almost sweatdropped at the two. Sinbad scratched his head sweatdropping too. Well, He won't bother disagreeing because its true.

"You're wrong about two things though."Lyra's voice snapped their attention towards her. "First, my master may be worthless and irresponsible but he is still a man."

Lyra showed her hands with one finger showing the number one before making it two fingers for number two. "Two, is that you think I can't guard you well? You're wrong. Even though I'm still inexperience compared to the battles you've gone, I had a very harsh training far from my age."

Lyra disappeared in a second as men in cloaks surrounded the three men. Preparing their weapons, Sinbad readied himself to attack but then all of the cloaked men fell with a deep wound in their nape.

"This is the reason as to why master sent me to you."