gerbera

"Jungkook-ah, there's a customer!" Namjoon shouted from the back of the Bangtan flower shop, removing his bag from around his shoulder.

"Do I have to, hyung? You know I don't like it." Jungkook complained, rubbing the back of his neck with his (now flower smelling) hand.

"If you're gonna go to college you need to learn to talk to people, kiddo," Namjoon put an arm around Jungkook, giving him an encouraging smile. "You can do it."

Jungkook dragged his feet as he wandered out to the front, pulling in a sharp breath and finally talking in a quiet voice.

"Can I help you?" Jungkook almost whispered, trying his best to make his smile look as genuine as possible.

"Oh, hello! That would be nice!" The boy smiled, teeth and all, and turned completely to Jungkook. "Crickey, you're young!"

"I'm fifteen, I'm not young..." Jungkook's cheeks blushed bright red and he shoved his hands into his blue jeans, looking at the floor and imagining it collapsing underneath him.

"Are you patronising the staff, Hoseok?" Namjoon shouted from the counter, and the boy, now identified as Hoseok, laughed.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" Hoseok chuckled, looking at the flowers. "I quite like these flowers, do you know what they're called?"

"They're called Gerberas. A lot of people buy them because they last a long time," Jungkook removed his hands from his pockets and picked one of the flowers up, resting the head in his palm. "There's either these or miniature ones. Would you like them any smaller?"

"Oh no, these ones are perfectly fine, thank you!" Hoseok spoke as the door opened, the bell over the top ringing out into the small store.

"Hi, Yoongi-hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed enthusiastically, picking up the bouquet of flowers and hugging his hyung quickly, then stumbling over his feet to walk back to the counter and wrap up the flowers, after thanking Namjoon for his congratulations.

"Who're you buying flowers for?" Yoongi said to Hoseok as the customer admired the display of flowers, standing next to him and making sure his store was in good condition.

"Someone at my studio." Hoseok replied, his cheeks being scattered with red.

"Ah, are you a student at Bighit Studio? I was going to go there but decided to work here instead. My dad runs it." Yoongi smiled gently and ran a finger across a flower petal, sighing gently.

"Why're you sighing?" Hoseok asked, but Jungkook was already scurrying back over with the flowers.

"Here's your flowers!" Jungkook exclaimed, his face bright red and his hands thrusted outwards with the flowers in his two hands.

"Thanks! How much will it cost?" Hoseok took the flowers from Jungkook and giggled when Jungkook almost hid behind Yoongi.

"Hm, are those Gerberas? They'll be a tenner." Yoongi chuckled alongside Hoseok, wrapping an arm around the younger's shoulders and pulling him against his side.

"That's a good price for such nice flowers." Hoseok complimented as he handed over the note, bowing politely. "I'll be going now. Goodbye!"

"Goodbye!" Jungkook squeaked, and Yoongi couldn't resist the grin that broke out on his face. Once the bell indicated the boy had left, Jungkook sighed out in relief.

"You sure are cute, you know that?" Yoongi teased and hugged the smallest, ruffling his hair roughly.

"Hyung!" Jungkook complained, fixing his hair as Yoongi walked towards the back of the store, cackling as he went.

"Jungkook talked to the customer, all by himself!" Namjoon praised the younger when Yoongi got close enough to talk to, joining in with cutting the stems of the flowers to the correct lengths.

"That's awesome, I'm proud of him." Yoongi finished cutting the ends of a bouquet of Peony's for a customer who had ordered them, grabbing a pink ribbon and wrapping it around the stems expertly, tying a little bow at the front.

"He seemed to like Hoseok, that guy that was here." Namjoon took the flowers from Yoongi and placed them in a stand which was once designed for holding test tubes. Improvisation from Jungkook, in case you want to know.

"How do you know him?" Yoongi leaned his stomach on the counter to grab another set of flowers, cutting into their stems with a pair of secateurs.

"He lives with Seokjin." Namjoon moved his hand towards his DS, and Yoongi pointed his secateurs threateningly.

"Do your coursework." Yoongi narrowed his eyes and Namjoon held up his hands in surrender.

"Ok, if my town is invaded with weeds when I go back I am blaming you." Namjoon grumbled and stomped towards the counter, dropping himself into his seat and grabbing a pen.

"I'm sure your villagers will forgive you."