Miscarriage

"Y/N, please come out, you've been in there for days now." Anna says from the opposite side of the door.

Myself and Joe are expecting a baby, were expecting a baby.

I was a couple of months along and things weren't going right. I decided to go to the hospital and get everything checked over to confirm that everything was okay. But it wasn't.

As soon as I got told the news that I've had a miscarriage was heartbreaking. We were ready for this baby. Both excited and ready for the next chapter in our lives.

Joe, however, doesn't know yet. He's away on his book tour and is currently in Glasgow, Scotland. I don't want to tell him yet, I'll ruin the tour for him.

"Please Y/N. At least let me come in." Anna pleads.

I decided to stay with Anna, my sister, and Jonathan along with their two little children whilst Joe is away.

I sigh and unlock the door, letting Anna in.

"Oh Y/N." she says and pulls me in for a hug as I burst into tears.

"I don't know what to do or say to Joe." I say after a while.

"You need to tell him. Do you want me to do it?" Anna asks and I shake my head.

"You're right, I need to tell him." I say and wipe the tears from my eyes.

Anna hands me my phone and I find Joe's number. My fingers hovers over the name before pressing down on his name.

"Hey, love,  how are you? How's the baby?" He asks and I look up at Anna.

"Um, I know you're busy just now but would you be able to come home?" I ask and bite my lip.

"I'll be home soon love." He says and I can tell he's smiling on the other side not knowing what has happened on this side.

"No, I need you home." I say.

"Why? Has something happened?" He asks and I feel like I can't tell him so I hand the phone to Anna.

"He's on the next flight home, he'll be here in 2 hours." Anna says after telling Joe and I nod my head.

-

"Text me when you get home." Anna says as I put all my things in the car nearer to the time Joe will be home.

"I will, I'm sorry for being in an awful mood." I say as I hug Anna goodbye.

"You have no reason to be sorry, what has happened is an awful thing but I know Joe will be understanding." Anna says.

I say goodbye to Jonathan and the children before making my way into my car and driving home.

-

I hear the door click open and Joe coming in and dropping his bags to the floor as he see's me.

"Love." He smiles and hugs me, a comfortable hug that I've needed.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more careful. I know how much you've wanted this." I say.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Yes, I've wanted this but we can try again later. Why didn't you tell me earlier though?" Joe asks resting his hands on my hips.

"I was scared, Joe. I went to Anna because I didn't know what to do." I say.

"I love you Y/N." he says and pulls me into a hug again.