Skiing holiday

"Are you ready, love?" Joe asks, taking my hand as we went up the first chair lift of the day.

Joe decided to plan a skiing holiday, just the two of us. Since Joe has been before he's been over excited to show me all his 'cool moves' but all I know is that it will end in one of us going to hospital. I, however, have never been skiing before and currently have no idea what I have in store for the rest of the week.

"It's going to be great fun, trust me. I'll teach you everything you need to know." Joe says, smiling at me.

"If I remember correctly, when you went skiing last time you ended up being rubbish. I'm not sure I trust you." I say laughing and Joe pouts.

"Hey! At least I can ski." He says and sticks his tongue out at me.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I say as we lift the barrier up, ready to get off at the top.

"Once you're off, keep skiing, it's flat up here." Joe says and I nod.

We make our way off the lift, safely, and I follow Joe to the start of the run.

"Okay, to slow down you put your ski's in an upside V, like this." Joe says and I copy him and he nods.

"Just go slowly." He adds as we make our way down the snowy mountain.

There are many people here of all ages and ability's.

"That's it." Joe says smiling as we slowly make our decent down the mountain.

Once we reach the bottom we go back up again and this time I've slowly got the hang of it.

-

"Shall we make our way back to the chalet?" Joe asks as we get to the bottom of the mountain.

"Yeah, you don't realise how tiring it is." I say and Joe nods, my whole body getting struck with tiredness.

"We're on our way back to the chalet now after having a good morning and afternoon on the slopes, did you enjoy it?" Joe asks me and points his camera at me.

"Yeah, it was amazing!" I say smiling and take my goggles off the top of my head whilst Joe talks a little more to the camera.

"Here, I'll take your ski's and you can hold the camera." Joe says as he notices me slightly lagging behind.

We soon reach the chalet and leave our ski's and boots outside and hang our jackets and ski trousers in the cloakroom before throwing myself down on the couch.

"I am beyond tired." I say after staying in the position I'm in for a while.

"Tell me about it. Want to go in the hot tub?" Joe asks and I nod, we both make  our way into the bedroom and change into our swim stuff before going outside with a glass of red wine to finish the day off.