The Calm Before...

When Bill had finished telling the story he pushed me into control.

There! Now you deal with them! He said.

"So... I think I understand everything..." Pacifica said.

"But, Bill, why did Dipper wait so long to come back?" Grenda asked, still thinking I was Bill.

"Well... I didn't want to ... I... I was too scared to tell you guys after it happened. And then Mabel left and everyone thought I was dead and... And then I just..." I trailed off. Looking away.

"..Erm, Dipper. It is you now, right?" Pacifica asked.

I nodded.

"My head hurts." Grenda moaned.

I smiled weakly. "It is a bit confusing, isn't it?"

"Just a bit." Candy giggled nervously.

"Well Dipping sauce! I guess it's time we go home." Mabel said, standing up.

"Uh, remind me why we left again?" I asked her.

She blinked. "Oh. Right." She sat back down again. "Ford wanted to ... Uh... Try to split your souls..." She said.

"Our soul?" Bill interrupted. "Is Sixer crazy? We'll die for sure!"

"He's convinced Bill's lying. He's turned the remains of the portal into some machine to separate you guys. He wants to go through with it. He says... He says... That he's willing to risk your lives." She said softly.

"Our lives? Seriously? But... Grunkle Ford wouldn't ..." I gaped.

"Grunkle Stan doesn't want him to. But I... I don't think he's going to listen..."

I was quiet for a moment. "... Do you think it will work?"

"What?" Mabel and Bill exclaimed.

"Well... If it does. Then ... We'll be separate again. I can go back to normal..." I said quietly.

"Dipper, you're not seriously thinking about it are you?" Mabel exclaimed.

I looked her in the eyes with my own demonic ones. Silent.

"No!" She threw her arms around me. "I am not losing you again!"

I looked down at her. She had more tears in her eyes.

"Stop crying already, you've done enough of that for one week." One week. It had hardly been even been that long and so much had happened. Mabel had come back to Gravity Falls, I'd finally come back home and we were together again. Twins.

Was I really going to risk all that?

... I ...wouldn't waste something like this if I were you.

Why?

Well... I've never had something like this. And the next eternity is going to be harsh. I suggest you enjoy it while you can.