6

I woke up and stretched in my bed. The sunlight didn't wake me up, but Anna did.

"Wake uppp." She said. I grumbled and put a pillow on my face. She immediately took the pillow and hit me repeatedly.

"What the hell?!" I screamed, now awake.

"There. I have work and need you awake. I'm getting an order so keep an eye out for it, please." She explained, walking out the room.

"Fineee." I sighed. Anna was acting more like an older sister than a best friend recently. My phone began to ring, making me jump. I checked it- Will? I answered and put the phone to my ear.

"Will? What's up?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

"Just wanted to say good morning. Also, how did the interview go?" He rushed out. I sighed.

"Never got the job." I grumbled. He let out a sigh of relief. "But I still went out with him afterwards."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Because it's Alex! He's cute, and sweet, and who knows, we might go out." I gushed.

"Ugh, don't get all mushy with me. And really? I told you, he's a player!" He warned.

"No he isn't! He's really sweet and you have no say in who I date or not." I hissed. He was really pissing my off lately.

"Ace, listen to me! He's no good!" He warned.

"You're not being a good friend by saying this, ya know?" I said. He stood quiet for a second before starting up again.

"I- I know, but he doesn't know.. well maybe he does, but he hurts a lot of people.." Will explained. For a second, I almost believed him. I groaned.

"Just.. let me be. Remember what I said?" I asked.

"Fine. If that happens, it's all my fault. If I ruin myself again, leave me be. At least I'd try to have some fun after being alone for so long."

"But I don't want you to get hurt again!" There was a silence after he said that. "I just think you could find better, ya know?" I never responded. I just hung up and threw my phone on the bed. What does he mean by 'I could find better'? He just didn't see that Alex was amazing. I grumbled and did my morning routine.

Will called again, but I just let it ring. I was finally happy, and he just wanted to ruin it.

Time skip to later that day*

I threw on a simple outfit and waited around the apartment until I got the text.

Alex was gonna take me and Anna out to a party. He offered to take Anna, and when she heard, she instantly said yes. I was just waiting for Anna to come out the bathroom and Alex to say he was downstairs.

I'm outside, love ❤️ He wrote.

"Anna! He's downstairs!" I yelled.

"Coming." She yelled back. A few seconds later, her came out with her hair in soft beach curls and wearing an outfit similar to mine, but she wore a shorter crop top and some skinny jeans. "Let's go!" She chirped. I nodded and we headed downstairs.