Chapter 3

Cheran's POV

I just can't believe this. I am in love. One wonderful woman is in love with me. It looks surreal, but it is true. My forehead is still wet with her kiss. I wish she had kissed me in my cheek. But then I realized my cheeks are fully covered with my beard. I want to shave first thing tomorrow morning. I already miss her. The verse which she recited for me meant,

'Neither his hair which is as black as black pearl

Nor his moon like face or his long hands or shoulders consumed me first.

It was his smile which consumed me first and foremost.'

She remembered the song which I had played in my car where the hero says that his lady love should recite a verse of Kamban when he lies in her lap.

When I could no longer see her, I moved away. Chaotic Mumbai Airport looked like heaven to me. I mentally blessed that staff in the airlines who had seated both of us together. I sent a silent thank you to Maruthamalai Murugan. I thought of all the things I want to talk with her, of all the things I want to do with her.

When I am happy, I share it with my best friend Sarvesh first. Sarvesh was my school mate, college mate, room mate and almost a brother to me. We moved to Mumbai together. We also decided to move to Tamil Nadu together. He is now an Assistant Cinematographer in Bollywood. Few independent projects from South Indian Cinema were coming on his way. But he rejected those offers to stay close with me. His wife Maaya was once his colleague. She is also a Tamilian. Today is a weekend, he must be busy with his family. I still called him. When he picked up the call, I first said, "I fell in love."

"Where?"

"In the sky."

"What??? Are you okay? To whom did you fall in love with?"

"My angel, because I met her in the sky."

"Can you be more clear?"

"I met her in my flight while returning from New York."

"Oh, an air hostess??"

"No, she was seated next to me for about fourteen hours. You know what? She is from Tamil Nadu. We can shift to Tamil Nadu soon."

"Really?????"
"Yes. Really, really, really."

"You didn't tell me her name yet. What is her name? What is she doing now?"

"Her name is Isai. She is now 'Ennisai'. I will talk everything else about her tomorrow. Drop by my studio during lunch. Have a happy weekend with your family."

"Yeah, good. It feels so nice to hear your excited version. I will meet you tomorrow and you have to spill me everything. Maaya is already excited. I think she would also join us tomorrow."

I laughed and said, "Sure."

By now I had reached the parking spot of my car. As soon as I opened the door, I felt that her scent still lingered in my car. I then sent a message to my Anna. "Anna, I want to give a happy news to you. Please call me when you are free."

Today is a weekend and he might be spending time with Anni. So for safety measures, I texted him. While driving I listened to my favorite songs and I got a feeling that all the nice romantic songs were written for me. As soon as I reached home, I changed and booked a ticket for my hometown. I wanted to talk to my parents in this weekend about Isai. Yes, I am taking things a little fast. Because I am 33. I don't want to wait anymore. Between why wait, when we are sure.

I then took the t-shirt which I had discarded sometime before and kept it safely in a plastic cover. I then placed that cover in my cupboard because it smelled of her. She had kept her head at the tip of my shoulder and it didn't ache for the first few hours. But few minutes before she woke up, I felt as if my shoulder could go numb. Still, I didn't want to disturb her. I was happy that she trusted me enough to lean on my shoulder, even if it's in sleep.