Chapter 7

Cheran's POV

After dropping my love in that hotel, I went to my studio and finished my work as fast as possible. I then hurried to my apartment and collected the letters which I had written for her and kept it in one of my pockets. Hope she likes it. I took my bike from the parking lot instead of my car. She was surprised to see me in the bike. I said, "I wanted to take you on a bike ride for a long time. Now is the right climate, come fast."

As soon as she sat in it she laughed, "Wow, it's cool."

"Would you like to try a nice Iranian cafe?"

"Sure ma."

For the first few minutes she had held the sides of my bike for support. When I frequently applied brakes she understood my intention and kept her warm hands on my shoulder. I held her hand for a moment enjoying the touch and warmth. I really wished that she could hug me from behind but this is Mumbai a very crowded place and I am little too shy for such intimate PDA.

Still she was constantly chatting with me and her face was close to mine. I have realised that she is not that talkative with everybody. I have seen her speaking to her colleagues and family when we are on Skype. I am the only person with whom her voice takes a very sweet tone. I am really proud to know that she is her happiest self when she is with me and so am I.

I took her to Kyaani and Co, the oldest (1904) Iranian cafe in Mumbai. She ordered Mutton Cutlet and I ordered Mutton Samosa. They were mouth watering and I was happy that she was enjoying food. She said, "This is awesome ma."

"Thanks Kannu. Try mine as well." She took a small piece from my plate and pushed her plate towards me asking me to try her's. I couldn't decide which one was better because both of them were great. She then ordered Mawa cake (Cake made with Thickened milk as the basic ingredient) with Iranian Chai (Iranian Tea). I ordered Mint Tea and Badam (Almond) Mawa cake. I think both of us were very hungry and we gulped down everything.

I then rode my bike towards Marine Drive. A visit to Mumbai isn't complete without visiting this famous Marine Drive. It has been shown in many Bollywood movies as well as Tamil movies. A hero or heroine who comes to Mumbai will definitely walk by Marine Drive watching the waves. I also felt that there is no better place to talk with a loved one than a beach with the waves giving a background music to her words.

Finally when we sat down after a little stroll, she showed me the pictures of the property which she had selected for us. "This portion has good ventilation, you can use this space for your studio. I will take this portion for my office. First floor space can be used for our home. It would be a double bedroom flat."

I felt that the rooms were a little small for our home. "Do you think this flat would be enough for us?"

"Actually, a single bedroom flat should be enough for us. The only reason why we need a double bedroom flat is for the accommodation of guests. Going minimum is the new style. More the space, more the things we buy and practice consumerism. Less space means, less things to buy, less space to clean etc."

I gently knocked her head, "I already have a Washing machine, Refrigerator, Microwave oven, two huge book shelves filled with books, one single cot, one wardrobe, one small two seater coffee table, one big office table, one file storage cabinet and ......one jute sofa set with a center table. Is it possible to accommodate all these things in this small place? And I would prefer to have one room as a library and working space."

She closed her mouth with her hand, "Ahhhhh, so much furniture!!!!!!! Then I think we should go for the triple bedroom flat. It should accommodate all your stuff."