Chapter 20

Disclaimer: I like to clarify that the opinion I have expressed here is my personal opinion and I don't intend to hurt anybody. My only intention is to throw light on a very troublesome growth. And please don't judge me as an anti national. Standing up for our rights shouldn't make us anti nationals.

And I am very sorry for the late update. Got stuck in a lot of work.

Isai's POV

For the past two days my eyes had been hurting like hell. Every time I mention it to my dear husband, he would say that I am just exaggerating. He looked at my eyes twice and said that my eyes are getting red because of lack of sleep. I knew that's not true. Today, I thought that I had it enough. I have to visit an eye doctor. As soon as he returned home I said, "Maama, my eyes are hurting too much. I need to visit an eye doctor today."

He came near me, ruffled my hair and said, "See you haven't applied oil in your hair. It may be due to body heat. Apply some oil in your hair. You will be fine in no time. There is no need to rush to Doctor for every single thing Kannu."

"This is November Maama, we don't feel hot. I was born and brought up in this climate. I have never felt this type of pain before. Today, I need to go to hospital. If you wish, come with me or else just stay at home."

I may not be a Doctor but I know about my body. And the most important thing is he is not a Doctor too.

When I went inside the room to change, he huffed and said, "Okay, we can go. But, I am feeling hungry right now. Can we eat dinner and then leave for the hospital?"

I was sure, we would get late if I have to cook, eat and then leave. Eating filler snacks was not an option because he doesn't like to eat them before dinner. So, I hurriedly made Instant wheat dosa while he was busy chatting with Sarvesh Anna over phone.

When we sat down to eat, he grumbled but still ate them. When we sat down in the car, he asked for the way. I tried my level best in giving him the right route. But, somehow he missed one left turn because he was distracted. When he missed that left he got more irritated. "Chennai's traffic is pathetic. I couldn't even take a left turn."

I wanted to point out to him that it was his mistake. Still, I chose to stay silent. Finally when we reached the hospital, it was too late. The receptionist refused to book an appointment.

His reaction was, "It's okay, let's come some other day. No need to beg these people."

I really couldn't understand how a guy who fussed so much for my cold during our honeymoon doesn't care about my health anymore. Realising talking to him is of no use, I turned towards the receptionist. I told her about my medical condition and said it's an emergency. Finally, she squeezed me for the last appointment.

When we​ sat down in the waiting room, he started reading the magazines lying over there and looked at his watch once in every five minutes. He acted as if I was wasting his time.

Finally, when we were called inside the Doctor's office, he joined me. The Doctor a middle aged man was a very good Ophthalmologist in our neighborhood. As soon as he checked my left eye he said, "There is a pus formation over there. It's an infection. For the past how many days are you feeling the irritation?"

"Today is the third day Doctor."

"Why didn't you come earlier? I don't understand how you educated people can be so careless."

I wanted to glare at my husband, but thankfully he said, "Actually Doctor, I assumed it was just due to lack of sleep."

Doctor was seriously pissed off, "How is it that only one eye would turn red due to lack of sleep?"