Chapter 21

Dear readers, sorry for the late update. Please stay with me for few more chapters.

Isai's POV

For the past few minutes Amma has been complaining about how adamant Saaru is in getting a new bike. She warned me that my dear sister is on her way to my home so that she can convince me to get a bike. Amma also gave me a mock threat saying that if at all if end up buying a bike for her she wouldn't let me inside our home again. After huffing again, I said, "Okay Ma. Don't worry."

As soon as she disconnected the call, I heard our doorbell ringing. Of course, it was Saaru. She came to me with her puppy dog eyes. "Akka, how are you? Where is Maams?"

"I am fine. He is inside taking an important client call. How are you?"

"I am missing you a lot Ka. You know these days Amma gets angry even for very small issues. I wish you were with me."

I don't know how these younger siblings have the capability to put us in a high pedestal whenever they feel convenient. "Saaru, our home is just few minutes from here. And I am always just a phone call away."

"It's still not the same Ka. You know I asked Amma for a new bike because my old one is giving me too many troubles right now. Every now and then I have to give it for repair service. But Amma is asking me to give the old bike away and travel by public transport. Akka, please convince Amma to buy me a bike Akka."

Just then my dear husband entered the room asking, "How are you Saaru?"

"I am fine Maams. How are you?"

"I am fine Saaru." He looked towards me and asked, "Any problem Kannu?"

"Saaru wants a new bike but Amma is against it."

"Oh....you will be anyway using that bike only for few more months. After that you will be travelling in a car for an IAS officer."

"Maams, I haven't even written my Prelims yet."

"Even in that case, you are pitching your request in the wrong time. This is the time of demonetization. Everyone are stuck in front of ATM queues."

She used her best puppy dog expression to convince him, "Maams, it's going to be new year. There is always heavy discounts at this time. We don't have to spend cash. I will be happy with a cheque. Please Maams. Please convince my Amma and Akka."

He gave her a mock glare saying, "I know that" and turned towards me, "Maybe she really needs it."

I said, "Amma has warned me that if at all if I end up buying bike for her, she would not let me inside the house."

He said, "I will convince Athai."

I said, "Maama, I don't think it's a good idea."

"Paapa ethana naal antha pazhaya vandiya otrathu?" (For how many days can the little one drive the old bike?) It's high time we get her a new bike."

"Thank you so much Maams", Saaru squealed in joy.

I said, "In that case you have to convince Amma."

"Yeah, I will do that."

Saaru said, "I have already bought the quotations from a nearby dealer. He offered to buy my old bike for Rs 5000."

I was shocked, "What??? Only Rs5000? You better find another dealer."

She whined again, "Maams.... Please tell Akka that if someone is offering Rs5000 for that bike then I should hold his hand and thank him."