T̶W̶E̶N̶T̶Y̶

CALUM'S POV

I woke up at exactly four in the morning, one hour before I usually did. Of course, knowing myself, I could sleep through a war, so I tried to find the culprit who woke me up. The covers were completely off of me and all on Michael, who was thrashing and whimpering in his sleep. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to figure out what was happening. I then realized that he was having a nightmare. My initial instinct was to shake him awake, but I knew that would make him even more scared. So, I tried to talk him awake.

Michaels POV

I ran down the hall, which seemed to stretch on forever. He continued to chase me and I continued to run, but he was always one step ahead of me. My uncle crashed through the wall-yes, the wall-and launched himself onto me. I felt my back push into the concrete wall and winced.

"What, did that hurt? Stop being such a pussy," My dad chuckled in a monstrous voice, way deeper than his actual vocals. "You've always acted like a little girl. Like a faggot!" I felt his saliva fall in droplets on my face. I scrunched my nose and looked turned my head.

"You don't fucking scare me anymore," I hissed at him, trying to go after him. Of course, my Uncle was as heavy as a rock, so he pushed me right back.

"You're strong all of a sudden? I'm surprised you haven't tried to kill yourself yet."

"Go to hell. I'm fucking done with your tormenting. Get the hell away from me!" This time, tears began to rush out of my eyes, but they were laced with anger.

"Hm, I guess you did get some tough skin ever since you left. Or was it ever since you met that Calum kid." He laughed as my face softened. "Oh, I'm right, aren't I? He's your little weak spot, isn't he? I guess that's how I'm gonna have to get to you."

Suddenly, the scene changed, and I was in a basement. There were no windows or lights, yet the room was completely lit up. Calum stood on the other side of my room. He was crying and shaking, and looked completely terrified. My dad stood next to him, grinning at me. I tried to run to him, but I couldn't move a muscle. I couldn't move my head, I couldn't move my fingers, I couldn't move anything. My dad smirked and suddenly put up his hand to show a pocket knife. He flicked it open, and moved towards Calum. I began to scream.

"Don't touch him! Please! Don't fucking touch him!"

I felt helpless, like I couldn't do anything. My muscles strained to move, but it was no use. I was worthless right now.

Calum stopped crying even though he was practically bleeding to death now. I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks as the blood poured from his arm and onto the ground, creating a puddle. But Calum had no emotion. He didn't seem hurt. He looked....concerned.

"Michael..." He whispered, although it felt like his voice was inside of my head. "Michael, it's okay."

"None of this is okay! You're literally dying!" I screamed, because what the fuck was he talking about?

"Michael, you're okay. You're okay, stop crying. You're fine. No one's gonna hurt you anymore. You're safe."

The room began to fade, and the light focused on Calum. Now, all I could hear was his voice. Calum's voice. All my attention was on him.

"Wake up, Michael."

"W-what?"

"Wake up."

"Michael, you're okay."

I gasped for breathe as I shot up, my eyes opening wide. I didn't know why I was panting so much, and you could literally wipe the sweat off of my forehead. Calum flinched back, nearly tumbling off the bed, which made me laugh.