Chapter 1.

GIF of Madisen aka "Maddie", as Alexis Bledel.

 -

 -

-

-

-

"It's like I'm waking up to, only half a blue sky

Kinda there but not quite, I'm walking around with just one shoe

I'm half a heart without you, I'm half a man at best

With half an arrow in my chest, I miss everything we do

I'm half a heart without you.."

"Alright guys that was my cover of 'half a heart' by one direction, I hoped you liked it as much as I liked making it for you guys, thanks for watching!" and thats how I finish up my 50th cover on youtube. I couldn't be more proud of myself for making it this far, I started out as so many people do, just someone who loves to sing and wants to let the world know.

But somehow my case it's different because unlike other youtubers that sing, I've become a "youtube sensation" like most of my family and friends say, even though I really dont think I have. I mean yes I do get more than 500,000 views on most of my videos but a lot of other people do too, right?

"Madisen Marie Watson! Get your white ass down here and come do the dishes! My friends are coming over in 20 minutes" my older sister says, she can be so annoying sometimes but I understand she can't do everything in the house all the time, most of the time I don't do chores because it reminds me too much of my mom.

"Coming!" I say while running down the stairs and making my way to the kitchen.

"Maddie you never do anything in the house and it's really unfair how you get to do nothing and I have to do everything" she complains. If only she understood how I felt. Ever since our mom died I have lost interest in anything that involves making this place even decent looking, since I always used to help my mom clean the house.

"I know Amanda, I promise I'll help more often, it's just that it always reminds me of mom and how i use to clean the house with her, you know?" I smile through the emotional pain I'm feeling at the moment, but she sees right through me.

"Maddie, mom is gone, and you have to move on sooner or later. I know how you feel but it's been two years and you have to keep living. Mom would've wanted you to do that, trust me." I can't even look her in the eyes, I can't even bring myself to blink because I know tears will come out, so I just turn around when I feel her arms around my back.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll try." I'm crying before i even know it. "It's just so hard!"

"I know, I understand" she keeps playing with my long brown hair, until I finally stop crying and get myself together and put my 'I can do this, im strong' face on.

"Okay, now let me do the dishes you tadpole!" I try to yell at her but I can't even get through the whole sentence without bursting out laughing because she definitely didn't expect me to yell at her right now and her face its hilarious.

"You're evil" she says while walking over to the living room.

••••••••

It's 6:37 pm and Amanda's friends will be here any second, so I go up to my room since I've already finished doing the dishes.

"Mandy, I'm done!" I yell so she could hear me from where ever she is around the house at the moment. She doesn't respond so I just go into my room without waiting there forever.

I open up my laptop and go on youtube, my eyes widen at the sight before me. 'Madisen Watson - Half a Heart cover' 638,785 views. I'm literally so shocked I can't even scream, I keep trying to refresh my laptop to see if youtube is trying to play tricks on me but no, this is real, and when that kicks in, I scream so loud I think my dresser mirror might break.

"Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God, this is the best thing ever!!!" I posted this less than 4 hours ago, how is this even possible?!! This is the most views I've even gotten in such a short period of time, I cant believe it.

Next thing I know I have my phone in my hands and I'm dialing Paige's number. She's my best friend and I know for sure she'll be so happy to know this because she knows youtube means a lot to me.

"Sup hoe, what you want?" that, ladies and gentlemen, is my best friend, and I love her.

"Bitch guess what?!" I can't even stop smiling, I'm pretty sure my cheeks are going to be numb by the time I get over this.

"I'm not a magician Maddie, what is it? This better be good," she says. I mean she has to be kidding me, this is one of the best things thats ever happened to me.

"I reached 600,000 views on my most recent cover in less than 4 hours! And you know what that means? I'll probably have 1million by tomorrow!" I excitedly say into the phone, I know I probably sound so annoying right now but I'm so happy i dont give a crap.

"Oh my God, Maddie that's amazing! I know you'll make it far! I mean you're the most talented person I know and you deserve it more than anybody," she says and as soon as she says it, I realize I really have the most amazing best friend anyone could ask for.

"Awe thank you baby that really means a lot, I'm so excited!" yes, my cheeks are definitely numb.

The next one hour and a half are me and Paige talking about life and how I will become this big pop star and meet One Direction, Little Mix, 5sos and every other famous people you could think of, like we always do.

Then I just go on my laptop and watch One Direction's 10 video diaries like I always do before going to sleep, it helps me to just forget everything bad thats ever happened to me and just makes me feel so happy, I honestly dont know what I would do without those 5 boys, they've changed my life for the better and I wouldn't change a thing.

That night, I fall asleep dreaming about how someday I will meet them and the last thing i remember is having the biggest smile on my face.

****

Heeey guys!!! This is my first story ever so im really sorry if its not as you thought it would be??? Well yeah i really hope you guys like it! I have a lot of ideas for it, but im trying to take it slow bc idk if im the only one that doesn't like when fanfics are rushed so yeah ;-)))) )\