Chapter 7.

GIF of Maddie.//

-

-

-

-

-

"Maddie, is that you?" Mandy sits up from her bed while running her hands through her long dark hair that resembles mine, but longer.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for not telling you where I was going to be." I apologize immediately to let her know that I really was truly sorry for worrying her all night, literally.

"Mhmm, s'alright." She mumbles just above a whisper. "At least now I can go to sleep peacefully."

I look up to smile at her apologetically and that's when I notice how tired she looks. I instantly feel guilty and my smile slowly fades. "Well go to sleep then, sweet dreams, Mandy."

Seeing Mandy look so tired just made me realize how tired I am myself. I put some comfy pajamas shorts that i found on Mandy's night table and took my blue shorts off to put those instead. I'm too tired to go through my suit case right now and I'll probably make too much noise. I want Mandy to get as much sleep as possible, maybe I'll feel a little less guilty in the morning. Hopefully I will.

I don't take my crew neck off and just go under the sheets of my temporary king sized bed. I don't take my makeup off either and I'll probably regret it in the morning, I know I will.

As soon as I close my eyes, I keep drifting off to a light sleep and wake up for what seems like seconds after. After about four times of this repeatedly happening, I close my eyes one more time and finally fall into a deep sleep.

••••

I wake up at what I thought was my alarm but soon I was proven wrong when I recognized 'Isn't she lovely' by Steve Wonders, only that it wasn't him singing, it was Harry on his X factor audition.

I smile at how much his voice has changed since then, but then I realize someone is calling me and I hadn't picked up. I reach out for my phone on my night table but I just seem to be moving my hands around and knocking things over.

As time and energy consuming as it is, I tiredly open my eyes to see where on earth my phone is. Then I remember I probably put it in my back pocket yesterday.

"Maddie, shut that thing off for the love of God." I jump slightly at the sound of Mandy's voice coming from her bed, she sounds like she hasn't spoken in a decade or two.

I roll out of bed, forgetting that I wasn't at home in my twin sized bed and fall on the wooden floor with a thud. I mumble curse words under my breath and crawl over to where I think I put shorts last night. By the time I find them my phone has already stopped ringing and I feel like I'm the luckiest person on this planet. Sarcasm alarm.

I pull my phone out of my short's back pocket and check who the hell was calling me this early but when I press the home button I noticed that it was not early, first of all, it was in fact already 1 pm and Maria was calling me.